Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    So without triangling the legs does that take away some defense or is it still the same issue? I havent been able to try this out yet so I dont know the holes yet

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    So without triangling the legs does that take away some defense or is it still the same issue? I havent been able to try this out yet so I dont know the holes yet
    i havnt been able to work on it myself but from what i think is that it stops them from pushing the gogo foot away from the chin as well as making it easier to pull their zombied leg out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    As I said before, the leg triangle still does not make it work for me. It's the same issue, yeah.

Array

School
    hey i had a bit of a go tonight with your logeoplata, i didnt really feel like the triangling my legs helped but i liked using my knee to push away the arm and getting the gable grip right away was nice. i used to reach over with my zombie arm and grab my foot but i think going for the gable grip is quicker and tighter i think. also gives more time to get the foot under the chin.

i dunno if thats just old news for others but im gunna work on it. my arms are too short for the frodoplata but i enjoyed this. thanks for the vid mate.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Yesterday we attended a gathering of some of the BJJ kids in the Houston and surrounding area. Cora's first match, I was watching from far away, I saw her pull guard on this kid, then went into her rubber guard mode. Right away I see her go for the Gogoplata, the other kid stuffed it. Then Cora dig under her leg and hit the Frodoplata!!!! TAP OUT!!! The kid looked shock, Cora ran to me and said "Daddy, that frodoplata really work!!" She was all excited. I don't know about the adult, but for the kids, I think it will work all the time. Especially when they have never been in one.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    I'm glad that you both (Cora and Isaac) are having success with variations of this technique! Looks like Brian and his guys have a good way of stopping it but it's still working for me pretty well! It never hurts to have an extra technique in your bag of tricks as nothing works 100% of the time! Thanks for giving it a shot y'all!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Tried it out an wasn't really digging it. I can see what Brian was saying. If its working for you awesome though.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Im goin straight jacket all day. Always plan for the best possible defense, and you can be sure that savy guys, who wanna stay alive more than anything, are gonna bring that free hand into the party(Rener reference). If he is controlling my foot, I prefer to break his and regain my control.

I completely get the Indiana necktie reference. As soon as someone says they are catchin something, my first question is,"On who?". The response is usually "blues and some purples." Then my next is "Comp vids?". To which the response is "I'll try to get some."

I think it should be kind of an unwritten rule. Multiple comp vids, then name. I mean no offense to anybody.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Im goin straight jacket all day. Always plan for the best possible defense, and you can be sure that savy guys, who wanna stay alive more than anything, are gonna bring that free hand into the party(Rener reference). If he is controlling my foot, I prefer to break his and regain my control.

I completely get the Indiana necktie reference. As soon as someone says they are catchin something, my first question is,"On who?". The response is usually "blues and some purples." Then my next is "Comp vids?". To which the response is "I'll try to get some."

I think it should be kind of an unwritten rule. Multiple comp vids, then name. I mean no offense to anybody.
    but ive been doing jiu jitsu for 3 months now! i have this move where i get an overhook on their little finger and their big toe and then i use it to smash rubber guard. i tapped a new guy in my gym out with it. i dont compete so i wont be able to show you but i can show you a video of me doing it on a friend in my garage in slow motion with no resistance and then criticise everyone that disagrees with me

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast