Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    On the Z guard in MMA: I think the best use of it was Jeff Curran vs Scott Jorgenson, and even though Jeff did a good job of limiting the hits he took, he still took a beating from Z.
    It all goes back to the basic mantra: all the way in or all the way out, 'cause hanging out in the middle will get your ass beat up. Z simply leaves too much base, too much power and too many tools free.
    Good post.

I think enough fights have proven that MMA guards should either be clinch based. Only reason to creat space would be to get back to the feet.

I also think its been proven that RG doesn't require a yogis flexibility. I still don't get why more folks don't use it. But that's another story.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris miah View Post
    Agree absolutely although it can be worked in the transition well, I used it in my last MMA fight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1g1CYSsE74

PS: Brilliant episode and system in general I find a lot of the stuff is great to through into my no gi game, the truck options I liked this episode too.
    Good usage. Into it and out of it before your opponent was able to create space for bombs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123