Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I think there is a mistake here, I don't see any wins by Sorcerer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hanley View Post
    Here was my accounting from 2011:
    "If I am counting right, here's how the numbers break down in the mens divisions for ADCC this year:

52 wins by pts
    17 wins by leglock
    8 wins by armbar
    6 wins by guillotine
    5 wins by RNC
    4 wins by triangle
    2 wins by judges decision
    1 win by D'Arce
    1 win by DQ

That means that there were as many leglocks as armbars, RNCs, and Triangles combined!"
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1881333&page=1

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Updated to include JT vs. Rios.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Dont ignore leg locks!! So gross when "grapplers" say the dont drill leg locks...well u better at least know leg lock defense.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    It's obvious what works at that level.. Leg locks (mainly heel hooks and knee bars) are the most finished by far. Good thing Barncat is a heel-hook master. He makes sure all our guys are very well versed in the leg locking dept.

This says a lot. This is almost identical to the list from 2011.

2011:

Chokes: 20 total (8 RNC, 6 guillotine, 4 triangle, 1 darce, 1 arm triangle,)

Arm attacks: 8 total (6 armbars, 1 kimura, 1 americana)

Leg attacks: 22 total (11 heel hooks, 7 kneebars, 3 toe holds, 1 ankle lock)

Seems like the guys getting leg Locked are the higher weight classes

I think only Miyao pulled off the only ones in the -66 class, which is funny because people thought the Miyaos wouldn't do well No Gi and would alwaya get foot locked from playing the Berimbolo game as purples

Anyway, has to be a speed and flexibility thing maybe why the lighter weights are tougher to finish with leg attacks, good luck trying to sub Radar, Rafa, Cobrinha, the Miyaos, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    Seems like the guys getting leg Locked are the higher weight classes

I think only Miyao pulled off the only ones in the -66 class, which is funny because people thought the Miyaos wouldn't do well No Gi and would alwaya get foot locked from playing the Berimbolo game as purples

Anyway, has to be a speed and flexibility thing maybe why the lighter weights are tougher to finish with leg attacks, good luck trying to sub Radar, Rafa, Cobrinha, the Miyaos, etc...
    Cobrinha had Rader is a couple of heel hook / calf slicer hybrids that looked straight up fucked. I was holding my knee and clenching up just watching. I was also really surprised that Miyao landed 2 foot locks. Mendes had a deep heel hook on Miyao that was all but ignored. Yeah those little dudes are hard to footlock.

Yeah man, Rafa and Cobrinha in the past have refused to tap against each other in some nasty ones

I think of Radar against Ryan Hall in the UA, he fought off so many in that match

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    Yeah man, Rafa and Cobrinha in the past have refused to tap against each other in some nasty ones

I think of Radar against Ryan Hall in the UA, he fought off so many in that match
    I need to check that out

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    I thought vieira was very unlucky against miyao, it didn't look like he tapped, perhaps a case of a squimish ref?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12