Thread: Powder keg

Array

School
    10WO

Powder keg

Anyone have any insights into this technique? It presented itself a couple of times in rolling this past week and I'm wondering if anybody else has any nuggets of wisdom that I would be woe to not know. I have short stocky legs so I'm always trying to cut that angle and lock it up with my shin, not my ankle and underhooking their opposite arm or leg if possible. Anything else I'm messing up?

And on a related note, anyone been hitting the teepee very much? Can't remember the last time I got a tap from it.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Powder keg is like a 60 yard bomb, but going to full guard from dogfight instead, let's call that the M80, is way higher percentage, like an 8 yard pass. I rarely go to the powder keg but always go to the M80.

And the teepee is super ultra mad legit, it comes up often
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin
    I hit the teepee on the huge guys that I cannot close the triangle on, but it is way harder to finish. As far as the powder keg goes: hard as steel leg curls are the difference between hitting it or missing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Love the powder keg!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    I didn't believe in it... until I was down by 8 and hit it in competition But like Professor Eddie says its a 60 yard bomb as opposed to a 10 yard route into the flats... it either ends with you as a hero, or failing miserably