Array

School
    RMNU

Help with lockdown to rubber guard

It's my mission to master this so I will never be in a "bad" spot in half guard. If my opponent has the under hook, fine, I'll take the over which means hand on mat......

One prob I've seen when my opponent has the under hook it's easier for him to keep me flat on my back. I have my flexibility in order so it has to be some tech problems.

I know I can go to prison guard first but I think going straight to rubber is cooler 😎

Array

School
    RMNU
    Also, I'm trying to find it on MTS. I know I've seen it several times. Number?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Prison guard to swim move or the prison croc is pretty damn cool too.

The purpose of the underhook is to keep you flat. Flat is bad. Sounds like you have your stomp in order, but how is he getting the underhook? Is he stuffing your leg from full too half? Or are you getting repummeled?

In bottom half I would rather have no hook than him have the under hook, if he's good. Block the underhook, block the crossface. Wait for him to open up then take everything at once.

Array

School
    RMNU
    I have relative good success with jaws of life and getting the under hook back but just want to devolop the over hook.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Prison guard to swim move or the prison croc is pretty damn cool too.

The purpose of the underhook is to keep you flat. Flat is bad. Sounds like you have your stomp in order, but how is he getting the underhook? Is he stuffing your leg from full too half? Or are you getting repummeled?

In bottom half I would rather have no hook than him have the under hook, if he's good. Block the underhook, block the crossface. Wait for him to open up then take everything at once.
    Just trying to figure out how to work the over hook once all that is to late. But yes, your option would be best.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Whizzer pimp. That's been told/shown to me as the fundamental transition from lockdown to rubber guard. I started a thread about this like 2-3 days ago.

Array

School
    Whizzerpimp is awesome and necessary to master. But him not having an underhook is better. Imo.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Whizzar pimp all the way. Once you're really good at it, it's very hard to stop. But the overhook has to be on the same side as your lockdown..so if he has the under hook on the side your lockdown isn't on, good luck. Makes things tough. Also, if you're super flexible, maybe check out the Oprah.

Array

School
    If he has the opposite underhook, butterfly sweep is a gimme. Stomp n go. No post.