Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Now that I think about it, I do roll over pretty often. Gonna try to stop doing it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Kelso View Post
    Turn your body to the side, facing the same direction his trapped arm is pointing. Post out on the mat with both of your hands and sink your hips low into the choke. A tight squeeze and curl with your legs will get the tap really quick. Never give up the top. A well secured mounted triangle is probably one of the most dominant positions in the game. Almost a sure tap.
    Well said. Finishing from top is technically a stronger, higher % finish. The only reason someone would feel like their mounted triangle is inferior to the normal guard one is simply lack of reps on the mounted triangle. If you've done 10,000 guard triangles and 10 mounted ones.. Ya the guard would be better. Bad training though... Develop that mounted triangle finish, trust me, you won't regret it

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I stay on top. No tips on making it tighter besides pulling the head up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Angles angles angles. Stay low hips and hook his leg to keep him from swiveling with you (exactly like on bottom). Angle to where you are perpendicular to him. Keep your hips low! Should be nasty nasty. Barncat can pop your eyes out of socket with a deep angle on this mounted triangle. I dunno what mine feels like but if its half as nasty as his, it'll crush souls..

Array

School
    10WO
    If I get to the mounted triangle and can't finish even with adjusting my angle properly, I'll attack the other arm with an americana. That usually does the trick. Havn't had nearly as much luck with finishing with the inverted arm bar from there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    I always roll to my back, cause it looks cooler that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12