Thread: Ayahuasca Diets

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco

Ayahuasca Diets

Hello gang,

I'm a food journalist (and copywriter) by trade and I'm working on a story about pre-ceremony diets for Ayahuasca. Just like for fights and competitions, there are extensive dietary requirements/suggestions for folks setting out to engage in various psychedelic practices.

What I'm looking to produce is super informative piece on these diets through anthropological and dietary perspectives. Think of the vibe of this story as Alton Brown meets Hunter S. Thompson.

I pitched the story to Amber Lyon for her new Psychedelic Journalism site Rest.me and she was interested, so that's probably where I'm going to send it when it's done. I expect to spend about three months or so researching, so if you good people think of something to share in the meantime, let me know.

I'm not really looking for "trip reports" as much as information about what the diet itself was like, whether or not it shifted your perspective before the experience and where you got your information.

I'm also interested in non-Ayahuasca perspectives. If anyone has experience with heightened states before competitions from having their diets super dialed, I'd like to hear about that as well.

All sources and experiences will be held in strictest confidence. PM me if you've got something to share and I'll send you my email.

Thanks,

Chad

Array

School
    10th Ventura
    "there are extensive dietary requirements/suggestions for folks setting out to engage in various psychedelic practices."

Not that i've hoid uve. People generally don't eat after luch the night of ceremony. Also, if one iz taking any pharmaceuticals, that has ta stop a couple/ few weeks b4.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Thanks Patt.

It's super interesting to me that all the sites like that say "no pork" and many are against sugars (varying stances on fruit). I've read a few religious sects consider pork to be a blocker of higher consciousness.