Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    BJJ Akademie Berlin

KT tape (kinesiology tape)

So I was doing some half guard drills the other day and twisted and heard a pop in my ribs. Well, they hurt and I've done it before so I know it takes a few weeks 0r more to heal. I will go back to training next week, but will roll light and if it hurts...I'll tap and do something else.

All that said I am going to try some KT tape (kinesiology tape). Anyone on here tried it, had any experience with it? It only costs me like 10 bucks and I figured try it out and see if it works, but I wanted to hear some thoughts on it, pros or cons.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    It's kinda like an exoskeleton. Yeah I've heard it works. You can just throw it on. It takes a certain technique on how you apply the tape. Be sure you look up and study up on how to apply it..

Array

School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ
    When I tore my leg up a few years back and was going through PT, the therapist used it on my leg. It was a trip. Everywhere they put that stuff, the bruising was long gone before the rest of my leg. Kinda wild. Not sure how that black magic works, but it does.

Array

School
    Next Generation Ballymena / 10th Planet Ronin
    I used it for on my knee whenever my knee starts to hurt while playing football (soccer for you yanks! ) The stuff definitely works, not sure how though and it also helps give you like an added confidence thing that your knee is more stable

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Recommend for sure, I've used it before when I sprained my MCL, shoulder, and ankle (also for pulled quads and biceps before). It does give both a placebo effect but also does improve circulation and stability (I'd recommend you still go easy if you drill/roll) but it's nice to have additional protection/stability. of course, see your doctor too to make sure you didn't do anything serious beyond a popped/sprained rib.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    good question, currently off with fractured rib injury and was wondering the same thing. Anybody use it specifically on ribs. My previous chiro used it on my back once and I hated it, didn't do a darn thing but irritate me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I used it when recovering from my sprained mcl. Worked well, lots of vids on youtube that show you how to tape for different injuries.

Drives me nuts that they call it KT tape, when the "T" already stands for tape. Thats like saying PIN number.

Array

School
    Training Station Manchester NH
    ive used it for my elbow it works pretty good. there are some pretty good application tutorials online.

I've used it for that exact same injury. It works a treat , just limits the range of motion of that part to keep pain to a minimum. They say rest works best for these injuries, however its hard to stay away from the mat, it will still heal it'll just take longer. This is a recurring injury for me happens every few months or so and is usually fine after a week or two

Hey Aaron- this made us laugh. For the record 'KT' stands for 'kinesiology therapeutic' so 'KT Tape' isn't as redundant as it sounds. thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast