Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i thought the rules on Metamoris say if the submission is close the timer doesn't end. Why did it end?
    I want a giant concrete fortress in a forest close to the ocean that leaps up like a crystal explosion frozen in motion.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Zoll View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i thought the rules on Metamoris say if the submission is close the timer doesn't end. Why did it end?
    Yeah. I thought I read and understood it like that that too and was curious how it would be handled. You're the first person I've seen mention it.

Better get Alex Jones on the case.

Royler is a sore loser man

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Zoll View Post
    Because it was Royler in danger.

Array

School
    10th Planet (Ronin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Royler is a sore loser man
    Literally.
    I would not want to be his knees after that match!

Array

School
    KJJ
    To everyone wondering why the match ended when it did (despite the submission being in place), listen to Scott Nelson's interview on the Grapple Arts podcast (it's the Stephen Kesting one) - really good interview, with some rare insight into the Gracie family by a guy (Scott Nelson) who actually lived and trained in Brazil -- according to him, the Gracies were known as bullies in Brazil, and to the common person, having an association to them (or to BJJ in general), was a good way of having doors shut in your face.

Really put some perspective into some of the recent behaviour we've been seeing after Metamoris.

Array

School
    Flavio DeSouza Capoeira
    Quote Originally Posted by mountveggie View Post
    To everyone wondering why the match ended when it did (despite the submission being in place), listen to Scott Nelson's interview on the Grapple Arts podcast (it's the Stephen Kesting one) - really good interview, with some rare insight into the Gracie family by a guy (Scott Nelson) who actually lived and trained in Brazil -- according to him, the Gracies were known as bullies in Brazil, and to the common person, having an association to them (or to BJJ in general), was a good way of having doors shut in your face.

Really put some perspective into some of the recent behaviour we've been seeing after Metamoris.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234