Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    olympo mma

what techniques do you think are the top 5 most effective of the 10th planet system?

especially from the guard and escaping

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    You mean individual moves?? Or a little more broad?

I think the traditional position that 10th Planet improved upon the most is the armbar control, what we call spiderweb.

I think the single most effective move is the RNC, then the triangle, etc.. I mean, your question might be asking 10th Planet specific? I'd say the truck is a nasty lil spot, subs are high % and you can transition to the back, or top. I like rubber guard of course but I think prison guard is great as well... Eddie just demonstrated the effectiveness of the lockdown half and the electric chair sweep. I think it was the highest % sweep landed by 10p warriors a year or so ago. Very good game there..

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    You mean individual moves?? Or a little more broad?

I think the traditional position that 10th Planet improved upon the most is the armbar control, what we call spiderweb.

I think the single most effective move is the RNC, then the triangle, etc.. I mean, your question might be asking 10th Planet specific? I'd say the truck is a nasty lil spot, subs are high % and you can transition to the back, or top. I like rubber guard of course but I think prison guard is great as well... Eddie just demonstrated the effectiveness of the lockdown half and the electric chair sweep. I think it was the highest % sweep landed by 10p warriors a year or so ago. Very good game there..
    This is a solid attempt to answer an almost unanswerable question. Its the 5 you put the most reps in and gravitate to the most. Give them all a chance, selecting a few to rep over and over. Moves which you do the largest percentage of the time and hit from the most positions tend to be the most valuable for you but those very from person to person.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    since the 10th planet system is everything that works nogi. id say the 5 most effective techniques in jiu jitsu are the 5 most effective techniques.

The ones I have the most success with are the ones that people aren't really prepared to defend, which I feel makes 10PJJ so effective.

Meathook to triangle
    Truck- Threaten calf crank to twister
    Electric Chair
    5-0 Sweep
    Old School

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I have awesome success with the electric chair sub/sweep, rolling vaporizer from top stoner control, and teh basic RG path to Omoplata, so those are my top three picks.
    Then I guess Carni and meathook to triangle for my personal game.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    This is a solid attempt to answer an almost unanswerable question. Its the 5 you put the most reps in and gravitate to the most. Give them all a chance, selecting a few to rep over and over. Moves which you do the largest percentage of the time and hit from the most positions tend to be the most valuable for you but those very from person to person.
    Brian is spot on.
    My hips aren't great so my triangle and arm bar set ups aren't the greatest but knowing that my prison guard is damn effective because I'm there the most.
    Your body will help tell you what moves are best suited to you.
    From side control I'll separate & attack the arms or Switch to N/S which is my go to.

Array

School
    olympo mma
    thanks a lot family all of this will be a great help

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i generally think that too much of a focus on submissions can be negative. work on things like pressure, balance, defence, and then the other side of things is the flow. a big difference between a black belt and a white belt is things like when a white belt has an armbar and loses it, they will get passed or give it up. where as a black belt will be more likely to switch to their next submission and so on. a single submission is not amazing but the flow between things is where its at imo.

in saying that, if i had to choose, i would say that omoplata, spider web, guillotine, leg lock game. (straight leg lock id go with) and i dunno maybe from guard invisible collar.

top 5 non-sub techniques would be imo, electric chair sweep, basic rubber guard path, truck, prison guard, twister half.

if i made a top five, id say omoplata leg lock game spider web, electric chair sweep, truck.

i think omoplatas are just so easy to switch to soo many different subs and sweeps, leg locks is sooo different from mot jiu jitsu game and has a lot of variables in it, spider web is such a dominant position. electric chair sweep, generally stil works even when they are ready for it and truck is sooo multi-faceted as well.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Twister
    RG basic
    spiderweb
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast