Array

School
    TBJJ

Help out Vinny's cause

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Magalhaes
    Hello everyone, My name is Vinny Magalhaes, some of you guys might know me from my experience in the Ultimate Fighting Championships (UFC) or from my accomplishments in the BJJ/Grappling world. The reason I'm opening this account is to help some people that I truly believe that with our help they could be making a better future for themselves. Some people might have a different idea of where I came from, specially if we consider the fact that I've made far in career, moved out my country, learned another language, but in fact things were far from easy for me in the past, and since I was able to make this far, I'd like to help others get a chance to build a better life for them as well. A friend of mine (Anderson Ribeiro, a Gracie Humaita Black Belt) runs a non-profit organization in Rio de Janeiro-Brazil that helps a total of 70 children and adults Called "Espartanos do Complexo" (Complexo da Penha is a neighborhood located In the north side of Rio, and it's an area known for its poverty and it's underprivileged community). This past week, I was checking on My Facebook and I saw one of Anderson's posts about how his mat area was ruined because of a rainstorm that hit that area, which led me into open this account and see if I could get people from all over the world to help them out. I've consulted Anderson before opening this account and we believe that if we can reach our goal here, we would not just fix the roof, which is mostly needed (it leaks pretty bad every time that rains in the area) but we could also get them some new mats, since the water is ruining the ones that they have right now. Anderson also has a website running that takes donations, and that goes from donations in cash to supplies, like cleaning products, water, gis, or anything that they need to keep the gym open and running. If you can't help with a donation, please, at least share this link on your social media outlets. This way we can spread the word out, and you'll still be helping us somehow! Any help will be much appreciated!
    This is an opportunity to donate to a great cause and help to share your passion for Jiu Jitsu with kids that wouldn't normally get the opportunity. You also don't need to worry about the money you donate being used up with "administration fees" like some larger charities. I guarantee 100% of your donation will go towards fixing up this non-profit gym.

I've already put my wallet for my mouth is. I hope some of you guys are in the position to do the same.

Click here to donate:
    http://www.gofundme.com/8ek4ag