Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Ventura

SLEEP: Bed vs Floor

4 the past 4 nights i have been sleeping on the floor (carpet over concrete with some sheets) and i shet you not when i type that i sleep better, i feel more rested when i awake; i do not need az much rest. I remembered and looked back up that Shaolin Monks slept on wood: "We slept on a piece of wood with a blanket on it. Sometimes we would use our clothes for a pillow. It was very comfortable and very good for your back. In America beds are too soft." - Shi Yan Ming http://www.usashaolintemple.org/pres...haolin-temple/

Meow, first couple nights are obviously going 2 be uncomfortable, but my back feelz waaaay better, stronger even. Having Kyphosis, sleepin' on tha flo iz the beeze kneeze!

Array

School
    Training Station Manchester NH
    I personally like a harder surface. I got one of those sleep number beds and I max that thing out at 100. I know its not the floor but i dig it!
    @DuaneBenton667

#10P603

Array

School
    Lookin'
    I lived in a ghetto apartment with a small room a few years ago. It was just enough space to fit my turntables and mixer, OR a bed. Needless to say, sleeping on the floor did wonders for my back. Now I have a gigantic room, with a super soft bed, and damn, my back is jacked up on the regular. I should kick it old school...

Array

School
    Full Contact Performance
    When i was in Thailand the mattresses were firm as fuuuck - but they felt great. When I got back I bought a firm pocket sprung mattress. So good!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Can't buy into the floor thing, but my hammock is the best sleep I have ever had.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by duanebenton View Post
    I personally like a harder surface. I got one of those sleep number beds and I max that thing out at 100. I know its not the floor but i dig it!
    this girl i was sleeping with, she said she likes it hard too..... girls always like it hard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    I slept on the floor or on a couch for 8 years and I tell you what it is hard to sleep in a soft bed after that. But my wife to be likes her bed so thats where I sleep now and I never feel as rested as I did back in the day or do I fall asleep as eazy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Super soft beds kill my back while the floor works fine for me. Humans weren't born to sleep on fluff it seems... That said, I have heard different body types report different results. I'd image the Shaolin Monks you speak of were skinny like me

Array

School
    10th Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    Can't buy into the floor thing, but my hammock is the best sleep I have ever had.
    i hearz ya, i've had some dank sleep inna hammock: http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.c...OHammocks.html

Array

School
    10th Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    this girl i was sleeping with, she said she likes it hard too..... girls always like it hard.
    Hhahah sweet I'm perdy sure Johns Hopkins did a study onnit; they wuz all like: " Hell naw chicks don't be diggin' on no SOFT lay!" :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast