Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

Using lockdown and peolple are getting the kimura on me?

Sometimes when i get the lockdown and i havent gotten the dbl underhooks the guy will turn his back to me ...This leaves that one arm right thier for a kimura? i try to go wrap both of my arm around him but sometimes it helps him hit the kimura?

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    As soon as you get the lockdown you have to start using it. If you stall it leaves you open. When the person turns their back you need to TRex to get your arms out of danger. If you try to wrap you arms around together and dont make it you just gave the person the sub. Sometimes if the person is really strong and your arms are wrapped around them sometimes your grip can be broken and they get the sub. Also absolutely do not try to grab the persons head or neck. As soon as you do that you will get submitted. If you put your arm in front of their face to go around the neck it is very easy to get the submission.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    If your getting kimura'd alot in bottom half, I suggest you use it as an opportunity to start getting good at the hammerlock as a counter to the kimura and using it to get the back or sweep. And if you don't know how to counter with the hammerlock, all you have to do is when the kimura's secure your hands together into a Gable Grip and drive them inside the caught arm and catch the hammerlock on his inside arm.

Do this, but from half guard.
    Last edited by Jon Watkins; 11-15-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Such brutality.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    Sometimes when i get the lockdown and i havent gotten the dbl underhooks the guy will turn his back to me ...This leaves that one arm right thier for a kimura? i try to go wrap both of my arm around him but sometimes it helps him hit the kimura?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    When Eddie would go for the Kimura on me I started doing this.

http://www.no-gi-grappling.com/half-...a-defense.html

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Makes sure to step the inside leg over at step 3 to prevent the guard pass.

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    If he turns his back to you before u get the underhook, lock your hands with the over under. If he turns his back to you and you have double underhooks, keep that underhook deep so he cant lock in the kimura. By keeping that underhook deep, when he reaches back for the kimura you can sweep him to his back.

And don't forget the arm triangle option if he isn't pinning his elbow to the side of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    Last edited by ian quinto; 11-15-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Such brutality.
    Such, "bombastic" brutality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast