Array

School
    lawsons combat sports

Judo then and now

Judo has influenced every martial art from the early 1900 to today. The training methodology we use today, what the Gracies did all the way up to what Eddie has done, would probably never happened if not for Kano and his Judo. Post any videos you may have of this progression, because history is as important as innovation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfW0pdd6xZ0
    Last edited by mikel; 05-29-2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling, add vid

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Tomorrow (Friday) 10th Planet Beaumont will have a 7:30 -8:30 Hadaka Judo (No-Gi Judo) class By my dad Judo Black Belt Jim Debes this. To this day, Judo has legitimacy. Jigaro Kano is perhaps the most influential martial artist of all time. If not THE most influential then definitely in the top 3. EVER.

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    Tomorrow (Friday) 10th Planet Beaumont will have a 7:30 -8:30 Hadaka Judo (No-Gi Judo) class By my dad Judo Black Belt Jim Debes this. To this day, Judo has legitimacy. Jigaro Kano is perhaps the most influential martial artist of all time. If not THE most influential then definitely in the top 3. EVER.
    I agree, wish I could attend. In the video above you will see what we commonly refer to as Gracie Jiu Jitsu performed in competition again and again, even the spelling of jiu vs ju or judo...the training methodology of Kano (as pointed out to me by Zog, so i researched it on my own) was and is the cornerstone for combat application.

Array

School
    lawsons combat sports
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46veLgINFjU
    check out the arm triangle escape at 47:02. I havnt pulled it off yet, but phen has...
    Last edited by mikel; 05-29-2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: video