Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA

Fight to win/World grappling circuit

Anybody have experience competing under these organizations? They have an event scheduled here so I'm wondering how the quality is and what the rules are like. Many events here get canceled because of a lack of participation, but hopefully this one sticks as it's reasonably priced.

I watched some of the rules videos and they seem very strict on hands/arms/feet to the face and neck (ie: no gag reflex). Anybody have any first hand experience?

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Pat: one of the owner goes to our gym. He's a really cool guy who aim to please when it comes to tournament experience. We always done Fight to Win for the past 2 years since Cora started to compete. Their price is very reasonable and what I love more now is that they offer a "challenge mat". You know sometimes due to bracketing you can't fight the guy you want to fight. So the challenge mat serves that purpose. Or even if you want to get extra roll just for fun. As for as rules goes, I don't see them any different from other organization by much. Leg to the face? Hell Cora been rubber guarding many kids and her feet are always at their face. Haven't got any warning or DQ yet...

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Good deal. In regards to the foot in the face, I wasn't talking so much about rubber guard positions as stuff like the douche bag grip break from spider web. I also know that a lot of times the refs give a lot of leeway than the rules typically state.

Their website says they will have sub only for the absolute divisions so that's a nice step in the right direction.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Yeah most of the time they give a lot of leeway than their rules stated. I haven't seen personally anyone doing the douchebag on anyone in any tournament. As far as Seth and Brett (owners) goes, these guys are also competitors, so they know what the competitors are asking for/ need and they are stepping their game up to provide those needs. Many traveled 3 to 4 hours sometimes to tournaments only to get to fight one guy after they lose. So with the challenge mat, they can get more rolls in. Some been asking for sub only, well they come up with sub only for the absolute div. In our state, they bring in more than 500 competitors most of the time so that is nice.

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    I compete all the time in their tournaments.They have gotten way better with getting you more rolls in.They recently went back to double elimination which is always good.Their times have gotten way better.Rule wise, eh, they're ok but don't allow some submissions at all, like twisters , heel hooks neck cranks or reaping.The lower belts have more restrictions like calf cranks/calf slicers and bicep crushes/slicers are illegal.In the absolute divisions everything is legal except twisters, spinal locks, reaping, neck cranks, and heel hooks.Other than that I've enjoyed their tournaments.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    We always do Fight to Win in CO. Its the biggest tournament in Denver(and therefore CO). Usually 800+ competitors.
    The guy who runs it is really good at what he does, but the tables keeping score usually have no clue whats going on(not all of them but definitely some)
    Several times Ive had adult intermediates and beginners be put on 3 minute rounds(kids times) and other errors from the tables such as giving wrong people points, etc ....
    but the refs are typically good and will warn you before dq'ing you and allow you to remove your reaped knee instead of dq'ing instantly(obviously this may not always be the case). Make sure you have someone watching the tables to make sure that points are given correctly and youre good. Their "sub-only" is far from true sub only as a ref picks a winner(based on sweeps and position.. not necessarily sub attempts) at the end of time.