Array

School
    HQ

Caio Terra Chicago Summer No Gi 2014 - Absolute

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Oh word though? Caio rocking some rubber guard? Nice.

Array

School
    Ronin
    It always makes me sad when elite level competitors are competing in a room with like…. 20-30 people. Yet local football (soccer to you Americans), even the lowest level gets a couple hundred people show up.

Great match though. As a low level JJ guy right now, I find the amount of fighting for the wrist intriguing and probably the main difference I see between the lowest level (where it all seems to be takedowns) and the highest level (where it seems to be grip and drag).

Thanks for posting.

Nice! Caio IMO might be the most underrated no-gi athlete ever. He's like a 6 time consecutive NoGi Worlds winner. He almost always wins by submission and I think he doesn't get a lot of props because he's just never been invited to Abu Dhabi.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    It always makes me sad when elite level competitors are competing in a room with like…. 20-30 people. Yet local football (soccer to you Americans), even the lowest level gets a couple hundred people show up.

Great match though. As a low level JJ guy right now, I find the amount of fighting for the wrist intriguing and probably the main difference I see between the lowest level (where it all seems to be takedowns) and the highest level (where it seems to be grip and drag).

Thanks for posting.
    This was a super small event for IBJJF in Chicago. There were more no gi competitors than usual (less gi) but if you didn't qualify for absolute, most went home after their divisions leaving very few to watch. They also decided to do black absolute at the very end of the day so their own refs could compete in it.

You're right though and it's sad that people don't stick around to watch the high level competitors go.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Nice! Caio IMO might be the most underrated no-gi athlete ever. He's like a 6 time consecutive NoGi Worlds winner. He almost always wins by submission and I think he doesn't get a lot of props because he's just never been invited to Abu Dhabi.
    His DVDS are awesome. Although in Gi on the modern JJ one, he barely uses grips, so very easy to take across to No-Gi.

His DVDS are awesome. Although in Gi on the modern JJ one, he barely uses grips, so very easy to take across to No-Gi.
    I've thought about checking out his online training site for the no-gi stuff but I haven't heard enough feedback to pay for it. I already pay for for too many.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    I've thought about checking out his online training site for the no-gi stuff but I haven't heard enough feedback to pay for it. I already pay for for too many.
    Gets really bad reviews (for value and nogi) on Sherdog.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Modern Jiu Jitsu is a must!

Gets really bad reviews (for value and nogi) on Sherdog.
    Damn :/ Thx for the feedback man