Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skaff View Post
    I started training at a MMA school three years ago. The instructor was a purple belt under Jacare in Atlanta, but we only trained no gi. I was training BJJ 4 times a week, but it was not enough for me. Most guys at the school were only interested in standup so the BJJ classes were small. After about 9 months of training there I started looking for another school in the area so I could get some extra training. I tried a few schools in Nashville and looked into other schools closer but I never felt comfortable at any of them. Luckily, one of my training partners suggested I go to Tenth Planet Decatur to try a class. When I looked for the number to call to get a hold of the instructor it led me to this site. The picture they have of Brandon Mccaghren makes him look like a 6'3 MMA gangbanger. I had no idea what Tenth Planet was at the time, but I decided to go up there and give it a shot. The first time I trained with Brandon he taught the Mouse trap from side control. When rolling started Brandon asked me for the first roll and he was doing things I had never seen before. I remember he hit me with a basic flower sweep from full guard to an arm bar. When we were done with class all I could think about was that 30 minute roll we had. I started training up there a few times a week for a while but that quickly turned into me training there full time. I have been training with Brandon for almost two years now and it has honestly been the best thing that ever happened to me. Brandon is my coach and mentor in BJJ, but more importantly he has become part of my family. I will always be thankful I decided to give Brandon a call.
    Thanks, man!

I remember when you first came in Sam had a giant man crush on you because all you wanted to do was train all the time. Y'all were a match made in heaven.

And when we had the day classes back at Webster's and Sam was still in high school it would just be me and you rolling for 3 hours at a time.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Thanks, man!

I remember when you first came in Sam had a giant man crush on you because all you wanted to do was train all the time. Y'all were a match made in heaven.

And when we had the day classes back at Webster's and Sam was still in high school it would just be me and you rolling for 3 hours at a time.
    Awesome.
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    I started off with a bunch of guys who trained under a flavio behring black belt and then when i went to germany i found eddie and tenth planet and then found the at the time tenth planet hamburg and was hooked. I remember going home on the train after training, arms hanging cos i was soo tired and i just couldnt stop smiling. one of the best days of my life

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234