Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    I don't flying kungfu, but I get kneed, elbowed, booted in the head all the damn time, Ya'll just ackin soft. Just give'r.
    That's what I'm getting at. I'm sure I kick people all the time, but never hard enough that I feel like it was a problem.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I don't flying kungfu, but I get kneed, elbowed, booted in the head all the damn time, Ya'll just ackin soft. Just give'r.
    haha my nigga. Word though. Granted, I apologize whenever I bump someone in the nose. I've gotten rocked in the nose before. I just check for blood and keep rolling. BJJ may be the gentle art, but that should be by name only. I dont' think it's wrong to be rough. Bumps and bruises are part of the game.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    On a side note, there is a video from last year I think; Alan Belcher rolling with Soneca. Soneca jumped right into an omoplata. Would that be considered flying kung fu?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Touche. Alright its goin down now
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    haha my nigga. Word though. Granted, I apologize whenever I bump someone in the nose. I've gotten rocked in the nose before. I just check for blood and keep rolling. BJJ may be the gentle art, but that should be by name only. I dont' think it's wrong to be rough. Bumps and bruises are part of the game.
    Of course, Any inadvertent stuff I always apologize for, I apologize for subbing people, It's just the way I am but I think if you catch a foot to the grill doing a technique that requires that foot to be in your face I won't expect an apology. But if You posture up in guard and start G&P'n I'm gonna take offense to that. NoGi Jiu Jitsu is rough, it's fast, and it's alot of pressão. I mean, If I'm doing overhook triangles, I'm coming down with a lot of leg curl and chopping motion, It's just the way she goes.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Sounds to me like there's a few people here that are thirsty, I'd recommend some man up juice.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Won't you block the "head kick" with your hand or am I thinking of Flying New York? In any case, I usually block the face with the hand, catch the foot and kung-fu. Still quick, no head quicks, and you can still clear his head to the side with your elbow.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    You would if you used the traditional Rubber Guard path, but the new expedited path to Gogoclinch is from Cocoon straight into flying Kung-Fu if your flexibility allows it.
    So you actually have kung-fu foot position while still holding the deep overhook.

In my case I start with a left overhook on the ukis right arm and a right collar tie around ukis neck. Fall back and swing the leg up into flying Kung-Fu, while maintaining the grips, THEN you roposition your hands around the neck in the Gogoclinch after you have Kung-Fu.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    You would if you used the traditional Rubber Guard path, but the new expedited path to Gogoclinch is from Cocoon straight into flying Kung-Fu if your flexibility allows it.
    So you actually have kung-fu foot position while still holding the deep overhook.

In my case I start with a left overhook on the ukis right arm and a right collar tie around ukis neck. Fall back and swing the leg up into flying Kung-Fu, while maintaining the grips, THEN you roposition your hands around the neck in the Gogoclinch after you have Kung-Fu.
    Is there a video of this somewhere? I'm still new to rubberguard but i have flexibility and can flying kung fu. i just never thought to do it straight from cocoon.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Solo drills for this will look a lot like Pilates. Flexibility and dexterity are needed. Also a focal point. If you are just trying to get it past their face you will hit their face. If you try to kick yourself in the face you bypass theirs. Overshoot at first.

But yeah, Im with John. Letter fly on opponents you know wont give a damn. Most serious practitioners wouldnt mind. We're not playing tiddlywinks after all. Dafuk is tiddlywinks?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast