Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    check out Bill coopers escapes dvd, he does this then presses forward to open the legs for the escape. The pressure also stops the Hall reverse triangle counter. Super legit
    10Wo

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Its a solid escape. Def not fool proof and you WILL get choked trying to learn this but keep trying and youll get very comfortable there
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    If you can keep your opponent from controlling the trapped arm, and keep his shoulder from getting under his knee, there are a ton of different ways to get out. Just keeping him off his angle and unable to correct it is going to save you from the technical triangle.

Array

School
    Also, in any counter measure vs a triangle (or most chokes for that matter) your main goal should always be extension. Your opponent is going to be trying to compress as much as possible, if you can create extension in your opponents position, the choke is going to be incredibly hard to finish, no matter the length of the opponent.

This is good stuff. I'd like to get good at this escape, since it seems this one might work better on heavier guys. Was already choked out a couple while trying before this thread, but now I actually have some breakdown of how this is supposed to work
    As Mick mentioned, Bill Cooper shows this escape too, calls it the Tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    If you can keep your opponent from controlling the trapped arm, and keep his shoulder from getting under his knee, there are a ton of different ways to get out. Just keeping him off his angle and unable to correct it is going to save you from the technical triangle.
    Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean that once your body weight is on his thigh and his legs are open, it gets less technical and you can just move around and pop out different ways?

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I use this all the time, I actually combine the two. What's next? patience, patience. I posted one of my comp vids were I spent 3 minutes in a dudes crushing legs. Rarely do I "escape", but opponent gives up or screws up. If your right arm is trapped in the triangle and you get both elbows down you can wait for the openings and either A: swim your left hand into the triangle and get back in his closed guard or B: swim that right arm out of the triangle and double under pass. Sometimes they will force things and you can whip that trapped arm back across their body and do the "hands clasped behind the butt escape/pass"

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    So many triangle escapes and defenses. That lister one is mad legit
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    This is good stuff. I'd like to get good at this escape, since it seems this one might work better on heavier guys. Was already choked out a couple while trying before this thread, but now I actually have some breakdown of how this is supposed to work
    As Mick mentioned, Bill Cooper shows this escape too, calls it the Tripod.

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean that once your body weight is on his thigh and his legs are open, it gets less technical and you can just move around and pop out different ways?
    Nah. Its still very technical. by technical, I meant he is going to have to muscle you to get you at that point. If you remain technically sound there, you can escape in several ways. Once you shut down his ability to choke you, its going to be all about navigating his movements until you are out. There is no reason to be stuck after his legs are open either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12