Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami

Southeast Training Camp and Lotus Submission Challenge

Dude. Where do I even start!

This was one of the best experiences I've had in a while. The turnout wasn't as large as everyone had hoped, but man there was so much fun and learning. As usual, Brandon and Sean dropped conceptual knowledge which will change the way I look at defense, offense, and how they tie in together. Then on Sunday, I had my mind inundated with two entire systems of positional submissions that are going to open up my game immensely. In addition to Adlai's crucifix, and Nathan's leg locks, they are just awesome people. They both have convinced me that Michigan and Oregon are places that cannot be overlooked when considering traincations. Knowing that the jiu jistu from those areas are top notch, and seeing the quality of people that they are, I cannot wait to go visit. And of course, my Alabama family made us all feel welcome and at home while we trained, competed, and partied together. Also another state that you must not pass up when considering where to go visit.

And competing was great as well. It turned out to be more of an in house tournament, but man was it a great experience. Getting to watch all of my 10th Planet family going to war was incredible. Nathan Orchard was a killer out there in the professional division. He came up in second place, but he had three straight slaughterings before the finals match, and his finals opponent he beat once already! No matter win or lose though, we're still on the same team. And man did watching him fight really make me proud to be a part of this awesome clan of modern day samurai.

Oh yea, and I won my first gold medal! It was in the blue belt division, against some stiff blue belt competition, but taking it home like that was an amazing feeling.

Here's my first match against 10P Gulf Shores Blue Belt, Dyana Lee-Daniel. Girl is a beast and I can't wait till I go back so we can have our rematch.
    Last edited by Ross Davidson; 09-02-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Here is my finals match with Jeremiah Macy, blue belt and former student of Gerald Strebendt.

This guy is another great person and competitor. He subbed his first opponent via Spider Web Armbar after displaying some great Twister Roll/Truck skill, and then proceeded to have an all out WAR with Tori Applegate, which ended up in a draw after 15 minutes.

And how about Tori's coaching! she helped me so much when trying to defend his RG. Didn't even notice the shoulder lock out till she said something. Later on Jeremiah said that he was so pissed off because of how good her coaching was hahaha
    Last edited by Ross Davidson; 09-02-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Some good matches Ross! Keep Truckin!

Array

School
    Thanks man! I have another match that I won in the gi absolute division that I'm still waiting on the footage for. The gi guy was only a white belt but he was the first person to threaten me with a submission that day. Gonna post it soon as I get it.

Array

School
    Here's my final win. This kid may be one of 10P newest converts. He's a great dude with a judo background (which is surprising because he pulled guard almost immediately) and an open mind. Might only be a white belt, but he's the first person to threaten me with submissions on the day, and getting the tap was a grind which took a lot out of me. The angle and video quality aren't the best, but you can see the tap, and besides, it's in the gi anyway, so who REALLY cares

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Nice matches and some nice coaching from Tori

shake, shake, shake

Array

School
    Ronin
    This weekend was AWESOME! well worth the 10 hour drive. I had such a great time at the seminars and the tournament and just hanging out with cool people. I'm really surprised there wasn't more people. I got to meet some great 10P family members and even succeeded in converting a gi guy over.

I'd like to thank Sean and Tori Applegate for hosting such an amazing event. I wanna thank all the instructors that taught, you've opened my mind to so many new possibilities. And I'd like to give a special thank you to Jody and Charlotte Clanton for opening your house to some people you'd never even met and treating us like family.

Nathan, I can't wait until I can come visit family in Oregon. When I do I will definitely make a trip to Portland and get a couple days of training at your school.

I'm so glad to have met so many great people this weekend, I look forward to my next trip to Alabama.
    I'll post my competition videos shortly.

P.S. Can someone send me video of the seminars? or maybe put it in the Google drive folder. Harry and I missed Sean's seminar so I would especially like to see that one

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I would have loved to have been there. Sounds like it iwas awesome.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah Macy View Post
    And I'd like to give a special thank you to Jody and Charlotte Clanton for opening your house to some people you'd never even met and treating us like family.

I'm so glad to have met so many great people this weekend, I look forward to my next trip to Alabama.
    I'll post my competition videos shortly.

P.S. Can someone send me video of the seminars? or maybe put it in the Google drive folder. Harry and I missed Sean's seminar so I would especially like to see that one
    Yes, the Clanton's deserve so many props for sharing their home with us all over the weekend. Jody and Charlotte, you guys are the best.

You better hurry up and post your vids man, especially you and Tori's battle. Fight of the night right there!

And also, I second this motion for the seminar vids. Some home review would be great.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    You better hurry up and post your vids man, especially you and Tori's battle. Fight of the night right there!
    I know I need to. I've just been non stop since I got home from Bama. Got home at 11 Monday night, slept for 4 hours then got up and went to work for 12 hours. Followed by training and then a few more hours of sleep and now I'm at work again.I'll make sure I get them up this evening though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast