Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Rafa Mendes vs Galvao Sparring for ADCC

This has been out since May but I've never seen it posted.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    clinch clinch clinch. Decisons decisions!!!

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Here's another good one with Keenan Cornelius

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Here's another good one with Keenan Cornelius

Is it just me or am I the only one not into watching Rafa? Especially after M3
    Last edited by Andrew Alexander; 09-02-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Its just you. That match at M3 was Clark non-stop defending/stalling Rafa to a decision then waiting for the last ten seconds to pretend he was attacking as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Crazy that he tapped Galvao. Spiral to 50/50 to a failed back take but it got him top position which led to the gator roll off the scramble. Incredible
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    i can never get enough

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Crazy that he tapped Galvao. Spiral to 50/50 to a failed back take but it got him top position which led to the gator roll off the scramble. Incredible
    Totally agree. Galvao ain't easy to choke and is a lot bigger than Rafa. Keenan Cornelius said that during the entire 3 month ADCC 2013 training camp that Rafa didn't get tapped out once, and that camp was daily training with killers like Rafa, Galvao, Keenan, and JT Torres. I know Gui Mendes and Dean Lister helped a lot also.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    I'd say it's just you man. That was an odd match, and nobody really knows why he didn't change his strategy, but 9/10 times he's a submission machine that relentlessly sweeps or takes the back and finishes. Nogi he's even more fun to watch IMO, and the M3 match was a fluke/oddity. I've never really seen a match like that from him before, and I don't expect to see one again.

He's had some other boring matches with Cobrinha in the gi, but they're both so good they usually cancel each other out and the matches are slow. You should watch their 2009 ADCC Final. No-gi. Rafa was 19 and it was his first Abu Dhabi. They had a 40 minute Double OT war where they both traded tons of sweeps, subs, and back takes. It's a clinic on spiral guard, gator rolls, darces, guillotines, reaping heel hooks, 50/50 heel hooks, kimuras, back control, good wrestling. Overall one of my top 3 favorite no-gi matches ever. It's free on youtube in 3 parts.
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 09-03-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    What is their mat made of? Doesn't look like standard tarp cover? Is that canvas?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    What is their mat made of? Doesn't look like standard tarp cover? Is that canvas?
    I'm not sure, but i know it has tires under it. I also know Keenan Cornelius said the mats there get way more slippery than the mats at Atos San Diego.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast