Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Level up!

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Nope, I literally got choked out 6 or 7 times, I lost count but was told by some of the guys who were watching! I see where they're coming from in terms of a test to see how bad do you want it and it did help keep a good mindset (that I still don't know shit and have a lot to learn). I'm not a fan of the idea at all but I suppose it's helped build some mentally tough grapplers and they have some great guys up there. I have a lot of respect for Andy, for his technical ability (3rd dan bb in judo and 2nd dan in BJJ I think) as well as everything he has accomplished. He's building his super gym now. I'm glad I passed the blue belt filter in their eyes! I feel like I'm starting my blue belt days off in a positive way. I still feel the need to study constantly and constantly improve and seek excellence as some people have said before. But even though the belt only covers 2 inches across my ass, I now feel like there's a standard that I have to SMASH completely and just keep on learning. I'm more motivated than ever now and just looking forward to all competitions. NAGA in paris, blue belt division, "hide yo legs, cause I'm honey holin' urrybody."

Array

School
    southgate figthing academy
    [QUOTE=Andrew Sarasin;235712]yeah, i thought that was..not wierd but just bad for your brain, lack of oxygen is not good for the brain cells.. i m guessing your exaggerating.[/QUOTE

Firstly congrats Keith

But I was part of the same tank as Keith so I can say without doubt that he's not exaggerating, once they found out I needed to through up I had a a continues stream of purple and brown belts who just knew rode me till I did throw up. Then they
    would only attack collar chokes and not let them go, even when I was punching a guy in leg as I went out.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Garvey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    yeah, i thought that was..not wierd but just bad for your brain, lack of oxygen is not good for the brain cells.. i m guessing your exaggerating.
    Firstly congrats Keith

But I was part of the same tank as Keith so I can say without doubt that he's not exaggerating, once they found out I needed to through up I had a a continues stream of purple and brown belts who just knew rode me till I did throw up. Then they
    would only attack collar chokes and not let them go, even when I was punching a guy in leg as I went out.
    Down with that sort of thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123