School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Encizo View Post
    Thanks brother. That's the mission
    Good luck bro.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    When I first started grappling, it was at a pure no gi school.i didn't care about belts, didn't care about being promoted, etc. no one mentioned belts. It wasn't til I started at a traditional bjj school that I started to acknowledge the belt system and appreciate it. So to fattywarbucks credit, maybe he just didn't know how big of a "cardinal sin" it is in bjj to claim rank. And if he is indeed competing at expert level and winning and decided to join an internet forum where they ask you what belt you are, and you don't really care about belts and are ignorant to the importance of the belt system, I could see this as a complete misunderstanding.

He seemed to own up to it without hesitation and just seems like a case of misunderstanding. Just my 2 cents.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    When are you coming to Rochester?

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Wait I am confused, is your signature saying you're ranked in MMA?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    it's another rabbit hole...have no idea what it means but, yeah. first of it's kind.

Array

School
    Holiday Inn Express
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    When are you coming to Rochester?
    11/4. Spoke with Chris. He said that was the best weekend to go

Array

School
    Holiday Inn Express
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Wait I am confused, is your signature saying you're ranked in MMA?
    Sometimes, in a nogi only school, belts will be used as an inner school rank system. As in what you are considered. It means nothing, just like I thought the belt system in nogi means. I'll fix it to make it more clear. Basically an informal way of knowing who you train with.

Array

School
    Holiday Inn Express
    I honestly am so confused right now. There is no option for no belt on this forum. Submission grappling has no belts. If you have an excellent knowledge of all nogi techniques and have to list as a belt, then what then he'll do you list as? Sorry I fucked up. At the next Good Fight tournament, where a submission grappler must register as a belt, maybe I'll register a white belt for you and we'll see if I get kicked out for sandbagging. I'll say to Jim, "hey, I've got a bunch of medals in your purple belt division from 2 years ago, but I'm going to compete at white belt again, so the guys on the 10th planet forum stop picking on me for being stupid. I also wanna give my medals back, bc I was never really a purple belt, as ranked by the ibjjf "

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Man I thought everyone knew its way better to be a black belt, win a world championship or two then to go in another gym as a white belt. the other way around is just silly.

and man andrew youre awesome, such a bubble of positivity.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast