Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate

10p system questions!

Hey all, new to the forum. I've been training a few years and recently added the rubber guard and twister side as part of my regular game. I honestly wasn't looking to add specifically 10p techniques to my game but since I like that reverse scarf position and have the flexibility for rubber guard, it just sort of worked out that way where it's a very good fit for me. Doesn't hurt that I'm not a big fan of the gi either.

However I can't make it to any 10p affiliate anytime soon and I have a few sticking points I thought you all might be able to help with. Thanks ahead of time.

-Stacking in rubber guard

This is a common question I think. What prevents stronger guys from trying to plow through? I feel like the pressure on the hip with my free leg isn't enough at times. Any general advice dealing with pressure from the real athletic strong mofos would be huge.

-Ripping out of the golgoplata

I feel like I'm not getting a deep enough bite or enough control when trying to transition to the gogolplata. A lot of the time it seems like I'm getting my leg looped up over the very edge of the shoulder near the arm as opposed to a deeper bite. Any tips to fix this? Any general tips to keep the guy from ripping out and standing up?

-Pressure while in the fishnet from twister side

When I go for the fishnet to lock the guy down it feels like I'm having to take weight off to reach down to wrap up the legs. I got some good general tips on this earlier but any advice on keeping pressure on them with the fishnet in would be huge.

-How to force action when I have the leg hooked up in twister side.

So I get twister side, I get the turn I want and get a lockdown on the leg and I'm ready to ninja roll. My opponent knows this and is going to fight hard against the roll. What's my go to or do I just roll through the resistance?

Anyways, thanks a ton for any help ahead of time. It all fits very well into my game already and I'm having a lot of fun with it all.