Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    I agree completely with going for the overhook before rubberguard. I play a very offensive based rubber guard and focus on flying new yorks chill dogs and kung fu moves. If your problem is that you feel like you dont have enough movement when you get the overhook, then take the guys advice and shrimp out. this way you can keep the overhook in and move around. it also give you more space to get the overhook out and hug the knee.

just as an extra, I know its debatable but I would prefer to spend my time looking for an over hook and cutting MC and zombies out, than have to break down the opponent and do all the extra work. I will do it if I have to but only as a last resort. sometimes id rather give up half guard and get an electric chair sweep.

just saying

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    damn, u r right, i was scared of him passing my RG once I put my foot on his hip. here`s an example. I was kindof on the side but when he put his hand on my foot i went for a pop triangle (i think thats what its called).10655187_824918354233217_2766795014011694790_o.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Just get out on your hip more. Staying on your hip will not only make it easier to play rubber guard, but it will give you a better angle to attack the trapped arm anyway.
    Last edited by Andrew Sarasin; 09-17-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: my not the foot

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    With this guy I was too scared by his strength of just muscling out of my rubber guard. I was defending for a while before I got in this position. I thought about going for the exhumer but was afraid he would muscle out of that one too. Man RG needs a lot of reps to get good at it. I`ll post the video when it comes out.
    10494974_824913284233724_6691101309955525155_oSMALL.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Just get out on your hip more. Staying on your hip will not only make it easier to play rubber guard, but it will give you a better angle to attack the trapped arm anyway.
    Last edited by Andrew Sarasin; 09-17-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    just as an extra, I know its debatable but I would prefer to spend my time looking for an over hook and cutting MC and zombies out, than have to break down the opponent and do all the extra work. I will do it if I have to but only as a last resort.
    i feel the same way, that has worked better for me

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    I almost do too much, my knee ends up hurting a little thats when i stop cuz if i dont, ill feel it after rolling or a 20 minute or more jog. Winter is coming..well fall but feels more like winter is coming and its harder to stretch when its cold so I need more comitment this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    It doesnt work for me, but I have a student that confused new york and pyramid in a tournament. He had mission control grip with overhook and he finished 2 armbars from there.

To me hugging the knee is easier than overhooking as it allows me to get on my side more and transition easier

Obviously spend more time on flexibility. More time than you spend training!

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    gogo clinch to hazelet but I was thinking other options too like omoplata, triangle other stuff that requires a meat hook. Thats what Im working on. In my competition my ``coach`` (a guy I just met 2 days before told me to go for omoplata so i was like fuck it, why not, I never do gogo clinch anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    All good advice, Andrew give us more detail. Where are you trying to get to?

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Videos are finally in! Here they r!
    Match 2
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
    By the way, he was fresh and I had a 6 minute fight about 30 mins ago. I was still tired lol. Plus my neck was fucked, I was gonna call the fight off, then i was like scrue I'll just play defence and see what happens.
    As u can see I didn't want the old school sweep I was stuburn, I wanted the electric chair... I know it was stupid but whatever. And looking back at it I C some Rg mistakes. What the hell was I doing with the over hook? Why didn't I rap my arm around my leg! I didn't review eddes dvd's enough obviously at that time.
    That roll I did when I was on top half.. I was going for anything, hoping for truck... I just wanted out, I couldn't think...
    Last edited by Andrew Sarasin; 10-14-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Match 1
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
    by the way the guy weighs 11 pounds more than I did that weigh in lol
    Last edited by Andrew Sarasin; 10-14-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Let me know what u think guys. This is my first time I see myself doing some 10 p on video.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    99% of the time I will have the overhook before I attempt any rubber guard. I dont like to have to battle the posture. Its too much work. I'm a lazy grappler
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast