Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    It only works when the guy isn't crushing you down. If you establish a frame and butt scoot hard with the armdrag the sky is the limit. but for the most part if I'm gonna armdrag from half its gonna be ala Johnny Ho from Z guarch(Shield, 93 Guard)
    I feel you bro. Lockdown has a lot of problems to address too. I really feel like there's something there. I know the path to the slow armdrag is going to be the most difficult. But one thing I can say is that arm dragging has worked wonders for me whether from closed guard, butterfly, or half. I mean, don't expect me to come back tomorrow with the whole thing broken down. But I'm definitely going to make it a pet project because I feel like there's something there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I feel you bro. Lockdown has a lot of problems to address too. I really feel like there's something there. I know the path to the slow armdrag is going to be the most difficult. But one thing I can say is that arm dragging has worked wonders for me whether from closed guard, butterfly, or half. I mean, don't expect me to come back tomorrow with the whole thing broken down. But I'm definitely going to make it a pet project because I feel like there's something there.
    For sure, I've been working my armdrags like a mad man as of late, there's tons of power there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg
    just a quick question on the wrong way lockdown: I'm more comfortable having the half guard on my opponents right leg with my left over and my right leg under his leg... if in a scramble i get to half guard on his left leg i put in on the same way left: leg over right leg under. It's just a reflex. does anybody else have the same problem? i only noticed when my coach told me to do the lockdown and at first i did'nt even know what i did wrong.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    For sure, I've been working my armdrags like a mad man as of late, there's tons of power there.
    I use what I call a slow arm drag. From the little I know, arm drags are supposed to be explosive and you should end up on the guy's back at the end of it. The way I go about it is a bit slower. Actually, I don't want to derail this thread and I want to get more forum feedback on this. Cuz the key to what I'm envisioning is more about the slow arm drag I use than the reverse LD. But I feel like I might have a good idea for that too.

I'm thinking: from traditional half (on your right side) heel drag their leg so that your right butterfly gets under their shin, your left heel is stomping on your other foot. I've played with it before to slow down knee slices. I think there might be a bit more there if I experiment.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by MaJu Hansen View Post
    just a quick question on the wrong way lockdown: I'm more comfortable having the half guard on my opponents right leg with my left over and my right leg under his leg... if in a scramble i get to half guard on his left leg i put in on the same way left: leg over right leg under. It's just a reflex. does anybody else have the same problem? i only noticed when my coach told me to do the lockdown and at first i did'nt even know what i did wrong.
    Yeah, when I still trained at Empire, we went over weak side lockdown and after 45 minutes of reps, I still found myself going wrong side lockdown and correcting. Still happens to me in live rolls. But I'm a white belt so I think it's somewhat expected to have certain habit that need to be adapted.

Array

School
    asylum/MFS 10th planet Chicago
    I like to use it as a calf crank to flatten the stronger guys out and to get them to react by lifting me up . After that when you sit up with your under hook you can get to dogfight check point. smooth sailing from there cause you only have to win the battle of getting him over to his side and roll over your shoulder and your in the truck position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12