Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai

Sim Go vs. Dustin Smith (10p) @ five grappling

So this is my instructor beautifully preventing the lockdown and passing the half guard. Starts at around 2:00 min mark.

I've been in this position with him before where his right knee is raised and foot scooched up next to my butt. I asked him where to go from there and he's told me to slip my left butterfly hook in which is what Dustin attempts but gets passed. I've also tried that but to no avail.

What do you guys think are some alternative ways to counter this kind of pass?

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    You can always use the ghost escape in conjunction with slipping in your butterfly hook once you lose the underhook. Cyborg does it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Dustin made us proud yesterday! After not competing for approx 3 years, he registered above his skill level & went for it. To share the mat with the likes of Sim was awesomeness in itself!! Go has been a black belt since Dustin started training. He gained ALOT of mine & Jacobs respect! I think the answer you seek is on the latest MTS
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    I asked him where to go from there and he's told me to slip my left butterfly hook in which is what Dustin attempts but gets passed. I've also tried that but to no avail.

What do you guys think are some alternative ways to counter this kind of pass?
    i think what he was working with the butterfly hook was fine. dustin stopped curling his right leg to trap sim's right leg (just for a second) and it was capitalized on.

sim is legit and stayed patient

Array

School
    cobra kai
    That's the thing though, you have to release that hook to either go for the sweep or bring it in for the coccoon, but sim knows that and is waiting for it.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    With that underhook, you're kind of damned if you door damned if you don't. If you extend he can switch the hips to go for side control if you stay flat he can BJ mount. I think one thing to try is stiff arming the arm pit and trying to enter 1LX.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    That's what the meat hook and gogo clinch are for.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    That's what the meat hook and gogo clinch are for.
    submissionchallenge.com/

Array

School
    ronin
    I know , i was slow and sloppy . It was the first time i competed since 12-15-11. I let my nurves kill me . I didnt attack, i set there doing nothing in his butterflies and i tried chilling in jersey. I just choked , but sim is a beast and he was cool as shit and I'd do it over again in a heart beat even though i didnt perform. I'll get in better shape and be more mentally prepared for the next one. But back to the point of this thread yeah that pass is sick i didnt see it coming.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin smith View Post
    I know , i was slow and sloppy . It was the first time i competed since 12-15-11. I let my nurves kill me . I didnt attack, i set there doing nothing in his butterflies and i tried chilling in jersey. I just choked , but sim is a beast and he was cool as shit and I'd do it over again in a heart beat even though i didnt perform. I'll get in better shape and be more mentally prepared for the next one. But back to the point of this thread yeah that pass is sick i didnt see it coming.
    Jacob said " uh oh, he's NERVOUS. mad props for leading the team, and not only competing. But competing st thr highest level just to see where you stand
    submissionchallenge.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast