Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beginners technique video follow along

Hello everyone. Just found out about 10Pjj a couple of weeks ago since I live in NE FL and have been doing JJ for about 8 month at a Gracie Barra gym. Love all of Eddies stuff and have spend the money to watch all of his MTS videos. I am wondering if someone can point me in the direction of what videos to watch in what order for a beginner. Id obviously love to go to a 10P "Moon" but since there isn't one close to me this is all I have. So far ive watched rubber guard 101 about 5 times just trying to get the basics as well as drilling with my brother on the matts we have at the house. What should I start watching next? some of the stuff is quite complicated and I want to make sure I have a good basic idea of the core concepts before working on more complex moves.

Thanks in advance #Subonly4L

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Hi Aaron, my personal advice would be to start with the positions that you find yourself in the most. For example if you find yourself in half guard a lot, why not watch the MTS episodes/techniques on the lockdown. Pick a few techniques to work on and just keep drilling them over and over. Once you feel you have a good grasp on those techniques, move on to something else

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    I forgot to mention, Welcome to the forum

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Where in NE fl?

Northeast Florida. Jacksonville to be exact.

Array

School
    Penn Training and Fitness
    ya id like a follow along too. took my first bjj class ever last friday. signed up here recent too. watching vids, but obviously i dont know anything more than can be "learned" by listening to rogan call fights for 3 - 4 years. was kinda glad to see this post.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Nice man, I moved from the west coast to Neptune Beach, I've been going to the Training Yard, they have an open mat on Sat's at like 11:30, happy to roll and show any techniques I know.

Yeah man I work in Ponte Vedra so I know about that place, their sched only shows 1 No Gi class a week though. Only thing I don't like about Jax is the lack of no gi classes at any of the gyms. I don't prefer Gi training and there is only one place that runs strictly no Gi and its on the far north side of Jax. me and my little bro (15yr old) are really enthralled with the EB stuff and have been drilling the rubber guard technique for a couple of weeks. Hes got a sub only tourney on the 18th of Oct that he hopes to use some of the stuff in so I am excited about that. send me a PM or whatever with your contact info and im sure we can make it happen. We would love to learn.

Thanks

Array

School
    Crazy Monkey Norge, Oslo, Norway
    The Warmups are great to start with! Start with Warmups A and work your way through to H. Covers a lot of the basics, as well some extra fancy stuff. They are also super fun.

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    For reals, there's so much stuff crammed into those few warm-up drill sets. They're the truth and the way, man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast