Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Arm triangle finish with the omoplata locked in, after a failed gogoplata attempt. I felt like I just won abu dabi that day after getting silver in the competition, haha! This was at Russ Miura's gym (who competed at EBI 2 last friday)

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Finally made it to the grapplersquest feature vid from the sub only tourney they had. Bad thing is they spelled my name wrong but fuck it i got 10th planet on the vid and locked up a kimura from a triangle. And i dropped the gang signs after!

Array

School
    Combative Arts Institute/10th Planet Bethlehem
    hahah holy shit "Masjang"

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    If you've ever had a hankering for a fat man doing a flyover pass and gogoplata from half guard, here is your chance for satisfaction. I'm not sure about 'favorite', but this is basically the only competition video I could find of myself. I have no idea where the rest of my matches got off to (let me know if you have video of me in competition!).

Anyway, this was fun. I thought the guy said he was a Gracie Barra purple belt (Tim something? Very nice fella.), but it was a long time ago and I've been punched in the head by many fists and beers since. I kept pressuring him off the mat until the ref warned him. As soon as that happened, I knew I could shoot a single. Flyover pass after the restart, but he replaces half guard nicely. Then he underhooks and turns away (usually not a bad idea), and I immediately bring the foot up and clear the head. Gogogogogo!

I remember seeing this along time ago. Way before I played this type of game from top half myself. In fact, this was probably my first inspiration to try that sort of thing. Love this vid. If you ever find more video evidence of you committing these type of atrocities on a pour, unsuspecting victims again, please let me know, I'd love to see it

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Chicago
    Sadly there's no video evidence of my favorite win, at least none that I'm aware of. It wasn't pretty, basically it's my favorite cuz of how weird the circumstances were leading up to it. It was at a NAGA tournament in Indianapolis a few years back. In the first round I basically got dominated and barely managed to survive for 4:50 of the 5 minute round before I got caught in a RNC. However, the ref immediately called my opponent for sandbagging and kicked him out of our division. I was allowed to advance to the next round. Second match, I attempt to hit a duck under take down, but my opponent sees it coming and jumps to catch a guillotine. We hit the ground and I start working to escape the choke....but the next thing I know I'm laying on my back looking at the ceiling with my coach, my opponent and the ref standing around me. Seems the guillotine put me to sleep and I didn't even feel it coming. Good job by my opponent. As I'm stepping off the mat the ref goes "By the way, you're still in the running for third for third place. Seeing as you just woke up, I'm not going to make you take another match, but it's your's if you want it." I looked at my coach, he shrugged, I accepted the match. The next match on the mat is over in about 30 seconds. The ref looks at me and says "I'll give you about 10 more minutes, then you have to compete again or give it up." The 10 minutes goes by in a flash as my coach is telling me to just be calm. Third match - In retrospect, I think my opponent expected an easy match given the results of my first 2 matches. He shoots what I would call a "lazy double", I sprawl on him hard (I was told his face hit the mat), figure 4 my arms and gator roll then start squeezing with everything I've got. It's over in about 20 seconds, and I win 3rd place by losing 2 matches, including getting choked out, and then finishing with an Anaconda Choke. Later in the bathroom I run into the ref and he tells "I don't think I've ever seen someone get choked out at one of these, only to end up medaling. Ha, I think I'm gonna call you The Sandman." Yeah, weird day all around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12