Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Was never a big fan of this choke in no-gi. Defender has both hands free. Push up on the elbow an your out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Was never a big fan of this choke in no-gi. Defender has both hands free. Push up on the elbow an your out.
    You can go with this while in the D'arce/jnt over hook position. It'll remove the under hooking arm from defending. Also, if you get good at quickly locking it up, it's really high percentage. My first coach did this all the time.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

i hit a version of this from meathook when i can't stop the pass. same choke but with my meathook leg trapped in there as well.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gibbs View Post
    i hit a version of this from meathook when i can't stop the pass. same choke but with my meathook leg trapped in there as well.
    So wait, could you explain the mechanics of this? It seems like you'd have to go inverted, but that seems like it'd put strain on the knee potentially

as i invert i shoot the meathook leg through deeper, like london but their head in and elbows pinched like the baseball choke, except, one side of their neck is closed by their shoulder and the other by my arm, instead of arms on both sides of the neck in a normal baseball choke..

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    You can go with this while in the D'arce/jnt over hook position. It'll remove the under hooking arm from defending. Also, if you get good at quickly locking it up, it's really high percentage. My first coach did this all the time.
    That choke is called the crow bar but it's not a baseball bat choke because the arm is in. I don't like that choke either, even glover says it's low percentage on his dvd. Seems to work a little better for longer arm guys (which I am not).

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    That choke is called the crow bar but it's not a baseball bat choke because the arm is in. I don't like that choke either, even glover says it's low percentage on his dvd. Seems to work a little better for longer arm guys (which I am not).
    Hmmmmmm it just seems to be the same exact choking mechanics to me, because the trapped arm has nothing to do with the actual choking pressure. Just my take though. Either way, it seems to be a really great way to compliment the D'arce/jnt when they try to defend by stretching out their neck, even if just to threaten enough to get them to give up the D'arce/jnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gibbs View Post
    as i invert i shoot the meathook leg through deeper, like london but their head in and elbows pinched like the baseball choke, except, one side of their neck is closed by their shoulder and the other by my arm, instead of arms on both sides of the neck in a normal baseball choke..
    Interesting. So it's kind of like a baseball grip triangle choke then

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I rotate my s grip around to hide my top elbow with the bottom. If you dont do this you just gave him a pass. And if they know what youre doing they can just posture up and never allow the grip.

If theyve never seen it before its pretty nasty. Ive put two people to sleep while I was being mounted. I set it up from bottom z tho. I also think this is one for lanky dudes.

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cornbleth View Post
    Would this be legal in kids BJJ tournaments?