Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    I think I saw a video where Eddie was saying that the most dangerous positions were back control, spiderweb and truck. Mount was said to be dangerous too but, as it is more difficult to keep, the other three were preferred. I'd wager that if strikes are a factor, mount becomes a lot more dangerous.

I think the video is on youtube.

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    The thing that is great about the truck is that you have all your weapons attacking his legs at once. And usually he has to use a arm just to try to base him self up in a desperate position to defend. If your caught in the truck your basically getting clowned and tossed around like a helpless child on the mat.
    Peace guys have fun and be careful this weekend!
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

The Truck is my number one thirstiest position. I am always looking for it like a savage. If I am in control of the roll, they are going to for a ride. Im with Eddie, the calf crank is definitely in my top 3. The Twister is the ultimate submission in my opinion.

Unfortunately my passing is not good enough to consistently get to Twister Side Control, so I usually hit the truck from Samurai by giving up 1/4 guard after a nice full guard sweep. But lately I have been hitting this wicked new entry from a side control escape… I am able to use my flexible legs to sneak 1 hook in if the guy is on his hip judo-side control style. Then dump him over and lockdown simultaneously. Its pretty dope escape/transition and I am catching a lot of guys with it.

I can't really comment on how often an average guy should look for it. Definitely a good idea especially if the opponent is unfamiliar with the position. (But if you put the Twister on a pedestal like I do, you should look for it everywhere! haha)

Array

School
    lightening mma kent england
    Always after the truck try and hit it from every where and any where i do alot of position drills/rolls for it
    E.g
    Start in guard go half guard dog fight get the hook and roll

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    For me:

1. S mount/spiderweb ( I use them both in conjunction)
    2. Sambo Knot
    3. Tie for back mount and truck
    4. Chill Dog and oh the places I can go
    5. Side Control
    6. North South
    7. Stoner Control and oh the places I can go
    8. Single X Guard
    9. Ham Sandwich and oh the places I can go
    10. 50/50

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    From the back my preferred positions are

1) Back with one hook and ankles crossed
    2) Crucifix
    3) Truck
    4) standard hooks
    5) triangle

Its funny how much differently I attack the back when I am not concerned about getting my four

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Truck and spiderweb are my top two deadzones if you get there 9 out of 10 it's a wrap

ig and twitter @jm10p

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    What's a "deadzone?" Like a football "redzone" where scoring is likely?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    You got it^

It's a position where submission is imminent. Mount. Back. Truck. Spiderweb. Etc.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I can't really say where I rank the truck in my game, BUT when I get the back, if the RNC isn't gifted to me, I am looking for the truck. Very seldom do I look for the back take when I' m in truck. I feel like where ever you rank the back in your game, you may rank the truck one step up, once you get solid with it, unless you are a RNC killer. Really, when you are on the back and stay there to finish, the RNC, some variations of the RNC and some neck cranks are most of the subs, and they all defend in a similar manor that most gyms practice to extent. Where-as the Truck/ twister has soo many attacks that all defend very differently. I would wager that no gym outside of 10p practices to defend all them to any extent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast