Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Yeah not quite what he said. And who cares if he doesn't like whatever tournament format and thinks one is better than the other. I think garlic sauce is much better on pizza than marinara. Does that make me wrong? My personal preference and to say I'm an idiot for liking something over another is ignorant. That's a big reason I hate the gi vs no gi debate
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Just like how it takes a villiage to raise a child, I believe it takes a group of like minded friends to carve out the perfect ruleset for BJJ tournaments. Jeff has designed somme interesting rules and Eddie has as well. Seeing how humble Eddie is, regarding techniques that work for MMA being quickly included in the 10th Planet system, it shows that he is open to input from any legitimate source.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the EBI ruleset continue to change as it takes form, same as Glovers ruleset will likely change as his tournaments continue.
    I think guys who are totally in love with Jiu Jitsu, and also independant minded like Glover and Eddie can compliment each other in to formulation of the perfect ruleset. Orat least as close to perfect as possible.)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Yeah not quite what he said. And who cares if he doesn't like whatever tournament format and thinks one is better than the other. I think garlic sauce is much better on pizza than marinara. Does that make me wrong? My personal preference and to say I'm an idiot for liking something over another is ignorant. That's a big reason I hate the gi vs no gi debate
    Awesome post that sums up how I feel about a lot of online debates in general

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Well said.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Gi vs No Gi -- Nothing to debate, just personal preferences.

But, now try it with some context.

Which is best for self defense, Gi vs No Gi? -- suddenly it's worth debating if you truly care about the end goal of "self defense" and think one lacks over the other.

Similarly, "Which tournament style is best" -- nothing to debate. "Which tournament style is best for creating exciting matches or encouraging submissions" -- worth debating if you truly care about more exciting matches and submissions.

The context matters and it's the reason we debate.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Seriously lame title. Why even dramatize it like a f'n tabloid?

Er.. Ok. I'd happily change it to "ebi rules are slightly inferior...." But I don't think it's got the same impact. Also you can't change the thread title...

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Gi vs No Gi -- Nothing to debate, just personal preferences.

But, now try it with some context.

Which is best for self defense, Gi vs No Gi? -- suddenly it's worth debating if you truly care about the end goal of "self defense" and think one lacks over the other.

Similarly, "Which tournament style is best" -- nothing to debate. "Which tournament style is best for creating exciting matches or encouraging submissions" -- worth debating if you truly care about more exciting matches and submissions.

The context matters and it's the reason we debate.
    Unfortunately the gi vs no gi debate is typically, "don't play rubber guard its garbage." or "you should train in a gi". It always personal preference
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    EBI rules are pretty much set. Read the comments on YouTube, it's like 80% 5 star reviews, look at the likes and dislikes. I don't know how many people that saw it live have told me it's the best Jiu Jitsu tournament they have ever experienced but there were many. And we're doing this on a low budget. We're just getting started :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast