Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Do wrestlers play guard?
    If you end up on your back I have seen people use BJJ guard to deal with someone but they have to sweep pretty much instantly because you cannot be on your back any longer then it takes for the referee to get down there and pound the mat declaring you pinned. I was looking at Eddie's book the other day and wondered if maybe the half guard game could work sometimes as a lot of that stuff is done while you are on your side.

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    On some of the Catch Wrestling forums, these are some of the techniques that were suggested:

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    (I know that's me basically answering my own question, but I wanted to share it with you guys in case the subject ever comes up again.)

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    Work on turtle escapes man!!!!!!!

Also work on actual turtle guard instead of that limb extended all fours position. She needs to hide her feet so he can't lift them up to force her face to the mat.

Here's a simple and effective escape that will land her in a pin if she pulls it off correctly (posting from phone so can't to the preview window):
    Hook and Roll from Turtle Position: http://youtu.be/IlzmTWfaejs
    Thanks for bringing this guy to my attention! That's good stuff. And I found this one too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Kiernan View Post
    If you end up on your back I have seen people use BJJ guard to deal with someone but they have to sweep pretty much instantly because you cannot be on your back any longer then it takes for the referee to get down there and pound the mat declaring you pinned. I was looking at Eddie's book the other day and wondered if maybe the half guard game could work sometimes as a lot of that stuff is done while you are on your side.
    If you're on your side though and your shoulders break the vertical plane, you are giving up back points. With how easy it would be for somebody to just hold you in that position for 2 to 5 seconds to get the points, I don't see it being a very effective tactic for a wrestling match.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Which is preferable? Putting out a fire or stopping it from ever happening? If you want to be successful at wrestling, then make them escape through proper form, strategy, and positioning. Otherwise you will escape into another escape.

Or just get her into submission grappling/jj tournaments. Guard will be effective there.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    And the train/fight/win guy hasnt won 1 tournament. Of any kind. He just started making vids. If your going to learn from someone, make sure they have effectively applied said technique.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast