Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    West coast fight team
    Looks effective to me as long as they stay in that position on the top. If they posture back up it could backfire on you and get some other position on you that is just as bad as being on the bottom. But it sure beats laying on you back doing nothing with all that weight on top. Moving you hips from the bottom is always a good idea. Works at my house��
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bar View Post
    How would you suggest controlling someone's posture from bottom side control or north south? Pulling their head down?
    In reference to posture, I'm talking about how the Pimp Arm maintains the opponents posture in terms of keeping them in place and either preventing them from posturing or advancing position. Controlling posture is not simply allowing them to just base up, but also preventing them from advancing or transitioning. So in terms of N/S, both arms are pushing on the hips to elongate their torso, thus allowing your hips to gain the proper distance to roll up onto the opponents back to work the leg in. This will cause some issues depending on size difference and if the opponent is already working a choke. As for bottom side, it's keeping the arms in for what Eddie's been calling the Side Control Check and getting distance.

If you're starting out from N/S, it also depends on if they have double unders on you as in the warmups. What position are your arms in when you're getting choked from N/S?

Array

School
    Previously 10th Planet Sherman, Ronin now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    In reference to posture, I'm talking about how the Pimp Arm maintains the opponents posture in terms of keeping them in place and either preventing them from posturing or advancing position. Controlling posture is not simply allowing them to just base up, but also preventing them from advancing or transitioning. So in terms of N/S, both arms are pushing on the hips to elongate their torso, thus allowing your hips to gain the proper distance to roll up onto the opponents back to work the leg in. This will cause some issues depending on size difference and if the opponent is already working a choke. As for bottom side, it's keeping the arms in for what Eddie's been calling the Side Control Check and getting distance.

If you're starting out from N/S, it also depends on if they have double unders on you as in the warmups. What position are your arms in when you're getting choked from N/S?
    Typically I'm transitioning from side control to north south in order to get the b smith to their back. So they usually already have an arm around my head for standard side control. I swim my outside arm under their belly to their opposite side and start pushing on the hip and moving to north south, putting my other hand on their other hip and pushing away to get the space to do the back roll. Their arm is many times still around my head as I turn and they start going for the NS choke which stops me in my tracks as I have to defend that, which I typically do by turning my chin into their armpit so my air isn't cut off and then I press on their neck with my free arm to annoy them into letting go and sometimes continuing on to the b smith from there. Other times they will switch to the other side somehow (not super sure what happens) and my arm ends up across my body and they start working an arm triangle.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Be careful any time you voluntarily put yourself into N/S from a side control position without properly clearing arms. If you really want to go N/S from side control, you need to work both arms under him to clear the distance for the B Smith. Wish I could be a bigger help...I'm a visual kinda guy. =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12