School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Consistency is key!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Boom!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Richmond
    Awesome knowledge! Thanks for sharing!

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA
    There are no overnight successes, but the flip side is that there are no overnight failures either...both take time (as you alluded to with the marriage example). You have to quit trying forever to fail (essentially). Progress may be slow depending on the time and effort invested to get to that ever elusive 10,000 hours. Think of tying your shoes...u probably dont even remember tying them, and if you really focus on it...its actually quite complicated (try teaching it to a child). We have been "drilling" this technique every single day since we were 6, so now we do it fast and efficiently. Imagine if we did this with our jiu jitsu, with our relationships. Time + effort.

Array

School
    Combat Society
    A quote I saw yesterday that struck me as relevant:

“Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.”

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    I'm calling bullshit on this BMAC...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    as if I rolled out of bed one day and acquired my Brown Belt on a whim. I changed and improved as a practitioner through time and effort. Lots of each. Much of it uncomfortable. But this was the cost, and I was willing to pay it.
    ...you truly are a combination of Fergie and Jesus....you're like a unicorn, I can't even look at you right now.

Naw, well put brother. I know there are a lot of folks that this comes naturally to them and they advance through the ranks faster, but people can get it twisted...there's a lot of blood, sweat, and tears that go into it as well. I wish I could do jitz all day too, but the truth to that is in what they said; "all day"...there's still a lot of time and effort being put in right there. Not all of us can do it all day, but that's why you bust your ass whenever you can and as often as you can. I always tell my guys that you will get out of it what you put into it...you want 100% improvement, you put in 100% effort. You come in and half ass techniques and fuck around on the mats, that's exactly what you're gonna get out of it. My dad always told me that if you can't find the time to do it the first time, when are you gonna find the time to do it the next time. Thanks for the post and I fuckin love that Renzo quote!

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA
    "My dad always told me that if you can't find the time to do it the first time, when are you gonna find the time to do it the next time."

Damn...all dad's have quotes similar to this, but this says it best. Stealing...can't wait for my kids to get home from school today so I can segue into this quote. Most excellent!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Well said. If you read Mark Cuban's blog (BlogMaverick), he has a lot of discussions like this. I distinctly remember him talking about time and effort in the context of becoming a billionaire, but this could all also apply to martial arts.

great post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast