Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    KJJ
    Ok guys, so I realised that getting to dogfight when a guy stiff legs me is pretty tough - primarily cuz he'll be leaning all his weight onto the lockdown-ed (or should it be locked down?) side (usually while trying to grab my arm for an Americana, if it's available).

So his body, head and weight are on the lockdown-ed side, with a stiff leg that means I can't shift his weight over to the other side. So from where my head is, I'm looking across at a really big distance between me and the side I need to get on for the dogfight.

Any fine tuning tips on getting to the dogfight from this position?

p.s. Apologies for dragging on a single question to nearly 3 pages, but I'm loving the discussion and details here.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    It's what we're here for.

Btw don't think that trying for a few lessons will fix it all. get in some solid drilling with it and then you'll see it working.

I always find dogfight difficult to get to, I find mixing it up with a dogfight attempt and then switching to an electric chair works well and then if you are really cool, fake dogfight to fake electric chair to real dogfight works well too.

Just keep banging on all of the doors until you smash one open. You'll probably be tapped out heaps but half guard takes heaps of work.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Are you aware of the electric rainbow? If he is your weight, you can move his base.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Are you aware of the electric rainbow? If he is your weight, you can move his base.
    Have a video available?

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I YouTube-d it and..... arrived at some really girly videos.

Yup the dude's the same weight as me (I generally don't expect to move guys heavier than me anyway, which is why this one dude is really surprising me with his ability to remain immobile in the lockdown), would love to know where I can learn that electric rainbow! (I don't recall seeing it in any MTS episode either)

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    It's what we're here for.

Btw don't think that trying for a few lessons will fix it all. get in some solid drilling with it and then you'll see it working.

I always find dogfight difficult to get to, I find mixing it up with a dogfight attempt and then switching to an electric chair works well and then if you are really cool, fake dogfight to fake electric chair to real dogfight works well too.

Just keep banging on all of the doors until you smash one open. You'll probably be tapped out heaps but half guard takes heaps of work.
    Yeah I love that combo too. Unfortunately, it's not possible in this case though - dude's just not movable in either direction cuz of the stiff leg - which is why I'm enlisting the assistance of Nibiru warriors to help solve this particularly complex puzzle.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Wait, so you tried mixing up whip up, whip down, fancy feet to dogfight and electric chair in different orders back and forth and he is just unmovable?

I can't believe that he is impossible to move.

One option I don't recommend but can work if you are good at escaping is to just give him side mount and then escape back into full or butterfly or something.

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Have you tried God father sweep or Omaha whip? No idea if it will work, just throwing some ideas out there to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUzcdwBYdFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxmK...ature=youtu.be

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    funny thing is, this happened to me yesterday in competition. All I did was extend my legs, hoping maybe it would hurt him a bit (lockdown seems like a bitch and hurts sometimes so i tryed that) it didn't work, I tried it again later to whip side to side..couldn't move him again, tried godfather..nothing still couldn't do shit, then waited a bit, then all of a sudden I was able to whip him when he wasn't expecting it lol and whip back and forth maybe 4 times, couldn't submit him unfortunately then I got to side control. I was so happy, with the white belts at SAU it was much easier to get to electric chair. With the blue belts..not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mountveggie View Post
    Getting the underhooks isn't a problem, but even with those underhooks, I still can't move seem to him. So yup, the stomp/super stomp become my "bail out" options (which makes my half guard/lockdown game against this dude predictable and of course, easy to stop/counter).

Those Nogeuria sweeps you mentioned sound interesting though! Haven't seen or even heard of them - any videos or material on them that I can find online?

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by gene k View Post
    Have you tried God father sweep or Omaha whip? No idea if it will work, just throwing some ideas out there to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUzcdwBYdFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxmK...ature=youtu.be
    Fantastic stuff, especially the Godfather sweep. Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast