Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Stance homie. All of the above scenarios derive from a proper stance and the knowledge behind the 'why'it's proper.

If you don't have balance, the first thing you do will always be to find balance(Zog).

Also be able to recognize the flaws in and openings to attack in his stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    If the leg you broke doesn't allow you to shoot doubles and singles quickly...
    I recommend the russian 2 on 1(russian tie up)
    From there singles, doubles and trips become much easier.
    Thanks Drew,

Look like a good alternative. Will have a go at drilling this and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn Boylan View Post
    Yo Bro!

Do you have a strength program or PT? I could take a look at your training program/diary on Saturday and go through a quick movement and flexibility screen if you like? If you're knee is any way weak/susceptible to injury there are lots of things that you could be doing to keep it strong if you're not already? Plus maybe some supplement ideas for you. Other than that, I'll probably be going to battle with you my friend, thinking of heading over to MASSIF and/or NAGA. Cant get a nogi comp on the emerald isle.
    Oi Oi Brv
    if you could spare me a little time that sounds great. Did all my physio after the injury but feel like with some little improvements I can still improve it by 5-10%. The Nogi comps are coming thick and fast down here. Come and join the party mate. We are taking a proper little firm with us not to mention all the other 10p schools you meet at the event. Can't wait till Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Stance homie. All of the above scenarios derive from a proper stance and the knowledge behind the 'why'it's proper.

If you don't have balance, the first thing you do will always be to find balance(Zog).

Also be able to recognize the flaws in and openings to attack in his stance.
    Thanks for the comments Bobby

It's a really good point. I think there is maybe a little bit of a confidence issue there as well. I want to engage and learn to be comfortable from stand up but don't want to chance injuring the leg again. Probably if I would have had some experience with this before the injury it would be different rather than learning the Fundermentals after. But I'm eager to learn and I take the comments on board Brv.
    Shit ..this is better than therapy

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    We had Samuel Braga (multiple time world champ) do a seminar at our school and during the Q/A, I asked him how he mentally prepares for competition. Paraphrased, here's what he said, more or less.

"I try to make sure that my mind and body are operating with maximum energy on the day of. What ever energy I have, Nervous energy especially, I try to convert it to energy on the mat and trust my technique. I bounce around before the match and just clear my mind, trying to come out focused only on maximum performance."

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveScott View Post
    Nice one Arman,
    I have had a quick look at this and i like the look of it. I will drill first to see how it feels.
    The knee has slowed me down but I can still push and carry a lot of weight on it. It's repeatedly going from a bent to straight leg in quick succession that causes a problem.
    The more you can simplify the movement, the better. It's getting to the point for me that once my hand is in the right place, all I'd pretty much have to do is turtle up and take him for a flip super fast. Doesn't require so much athleticism as it does timing and precision with hand placement. Definitely worth investing in, imho If you can get slick at it, I've personally witnessed it work at the highest level of competition ( working as a scorekeeper at some local tournaments, all belt levels)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123