Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Nobodies bitching. If you are tired of people's opinions and assessments steer clear of Internet forums. And it's ironic that you proceed to bitch for a full paragraph about how you hate bitching
    you probably right, I am just bitching about how much I hate bitching... Gonna go have some ice cream and forget about it

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    IMO I think it was a great fight on both guys part. Both going for what they are known for. Denny has wrestling background that is probably why Eddie decide not to stand with him. Its all come down to who play their game the best. And in this match, I think Eddie was able to suck Denny into his game more. Denny showed some great escapes that I'm taking notes on. I've been watching a lot of Eddie's video and that dude is a beast, he usually submit dudes in under a minute!!! It was a great fight on both guys part and for those who complain about this and that...or should of been this or that. Mira, its a sub only fight. Both men know the rules. If the rules had been different, they would have adjusted their game accordingly. If they were fighting in an IBJJF event, I'm sure at black belt level they will know how to adjust to the rules set. But this is sub only and they did just that, play by the rules. And if it was a street fight, I'm sure they will adjust their game accordingly also. With that being said, I do appreciate all those suggestions and comment and have learn a few things from it also....

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Looking forward to seeing Denny back in action, he'll be back even more of a beast. Eddie and Garry got their leg lock shit down. Eddie floats around legs leaving no space and still just glides to a solid heel hook or whatever.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Ok, all this peanut gallery banter is entertaining and all but why the hell is B-Mac feeding his children severed limbs? Everybodys cool with that? That should be the real discussion here...

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    Ok, all this peanut gallery banter is entertaining and all but why the hell is B-Mac feeding his children severed limbs? Everybodys cool with that? That should be the real discussion here...
    You know!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHamp View Post
    disagree, rather watch someone sit and go right at it then 2 people fight for tie ups and take downs if or guys getting shucked off of attempted guard pulls.
    No way, I love seeing the standing grappling (would be nice if the level was a little higher than we see often). To me, that is going right at it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    No way, I love seeing the standing grappling (would be nice if the level was a little higher than we see often). To me, that is going right at it.
    Dont get me wrong i love it too but problem is that most top level bjj guys only have decent take downs and decent defense so u see alot of dancing. When i wann awatch hi level take downs i flip it to Big Ten and watch NCAA wrestling were they get nasty lol. Might be to that most the matches i see like that are also points based so you see a 2 point take down then stall out in a matter of saying for the rest of the time. I have yet to see good bjj players with good take downs go at it in a sub only setting this i agree would be explosive and fun to watch.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    There is so much more to standup than takedowns. 10p evolved to be the best jj for mma. Guess what? You have to be able to force it on a standing resisting opponent for that to be effective.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    There is so much more to standup than takedowns. 10p evolved to be the best jj for mma. Guess what? You have to be able to force it on a standing resisting opponent for that to be effective.
    Thank you!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I agree. Its awesome that more bjj guys have added wrestling style takedowns to their game but just like mma Id like to see more judo style takedowns too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345