Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I made a dude scream from the lockdown in comp on video, wasn't considered a verbal tap however.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Yup, I tapped the first time I was in it as well. It sucks, but you'll get used to it and figure out ways to relieve the pressure.

Side Note: VJ did you wash your purple belt so much it turned white
    Funny I didn't think anyone would even notice...lol. The highest I made it to in bjj was 4 stripe purple belt but that was 5 years ago. I have given up the gi since then and now consider myself a submission wrestler instead of a bjj practitioner. I never received a belt via 10thplanet and submission wrestling has no belts as far as I'm aware so at this point I consider myself unranked. Guys are super wierd around this area when it comes to rank an gi so I wont pretend I'm still a purple belt in a sport I haven't done in 5 years. Just my personal take on the he whole thing. Until no-gi has belt ranks I'll just stay unranked.

Array

School
    10th Planet Apple Valley
    I know I'm not adding much here, but I've gotten a couple taps from the lockdown itself. I have sharp shins and if i get the angle just right, I guess it hurts enough. YMMV

Also, the Ryan Hall triangle videos made the triangle my favorite weapon for years. Stomp/Curl is the way.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    I tend to get taps from the lockdown when I hit the electric chair.

No, it's not the flexibility check. I ask. And then I weep quietly to myself.

I must be doing something wrong on the stretch.

I've tapped a few people, and I've popped a few peoples knees while sweeping, if they fight it to hard. I think mainly from the mir lock and from lockdown octopus sweeps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123