Rafa Mendes guillotine choke with Budo Jake

Array

School
    blank
    nice

i know gui doesn't do much nogi but i was hoping to hear him chyme in about the guillotine

Array

School
    10th Planet CM/BP/Orange
    http://youtu.be/Nw2xfELw4wc this is a good supplement to this video, I've watched it a lot of times highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    nice

i know gui doesn't do much nogi but i was hoping to hear him chyme in about the guillotine
    Lol. Gui talking about no-gi is like seeing big foot. On their website that started putting up daily videos for almost 3 years I think there are maybe 3 or 4 videos on there total of Gui rolling or teaching no-gi.

Sucks because he's good at it and his no-gi game is sick. When I do see him teach it always is something interesting. Even at the no-gi seminar I did with them I would say Rafa did most of the teaching.

Sucks even more because Gui does have a really cool bit on the guillotine that's very different from Rafa's. It's a high elbow guillotine but the grip isn't like Marcelo's, it's more like Denny Prokopos' pretzel grip. If your right arm is choking, your right palm faces your own chest, and your left palm faces your opponent. Then you gable grip and lift the elbow to choke.

Lol Mike , I think I remember seeing Gui teach for like 2 minutes of No Gi on there site, Kiss of the Dragon to X guard drill

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    Lol Mike , I think I remember seeing Gui teach for like 2 minutes of No Gi on there site, Kiss of the Dragon to X guard drill
    That's the one I was thinking of! haha. Then they had 2 back to back days of Gui rolling no-gi that I wasn't expecting. I haven't seen anything since and that was well over a year ago.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    very nice! I love the details. Its a common position and submission as well so its not too fancy, just little details thatmake it much better.