Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai

idea for ebi 4- gi match as one of the superfights

I know ebi is a no gi tournament, and I know 10th Planet is exclusively no gi, but the audience is from all kinds of grappling backgrounds, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking it would be really cool to see a gi match with the ebi rule set.

anyone else think that would be a fun idea? It would only be limited to one of the super fights.

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    👎 no thanks.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Diego
    no

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport
    I fell asleep after you said gi match.
    I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Gi matches are really boring. It's basically a tug of war match. I'd rather see an actual tug of war match for an intermission if that's how we're trying to play that.

Also, Eddie is trying to make it TV friendly so people who have never done or seen Jiu Jitsu find it and get into it. This helps spread the sport. I feel that a gi match would take that goal in the opposite direction..
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Eddie said on a podcast that during Metamoris everybody pulls out their phone during the gi matches. Don't think he would want that. Did you see how fast paced that show was run????????????????????????????????????

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I agree in principle, but I don't like your specific suggestion. Indeed, the audience is composed of people from a variety of different backgrounds. But there are already a glut of top-level outlets for gi BJJ; you can easily watch Copa Podio, Metamoris, or IBJJF.

How about something more interesting? What about a judo match with some of the dumber rules removed? How about a sumo match or a Laamb wrestling match? If you're going to have hors d'ouvres, they should differ significantly from the main course and contain surprising, memorable flavors.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    No
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Hell NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    I agree in principle, but I don't like your specific suggestion. Indeed, the audience is composed of people from a variety of different backgrounds. But there are already a glut of top-level outlets for gi BJJ; you can easily watch Copa Podio, Metamoris, or IBJJF.

How about something more interesting? What about a judo match with some of the dumber rules removed? How about a sumo match or a Laamb wrestling match? If you're going to have hors d'ouvres, they should differ significantly from the main course and contain surprising, memorable flavors.
    yeah, there are other outlets to watch gi matches, but the ebi rule set is definitely unique. but anyways, it's pretty clear everyone is against it so.... NEVERMIND

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast