Thread: New Jersey

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec

New Jersey

Hey guys. I gotta question about New Jersey. I'm having a lot of trouble doing the kung fu move to get into the hazlet (i think that's what its called, it looks like a kimora kindof right? neways..). I try shifting my hips to the left to put get my foot across but its not working. I'm also afraid of blowing out my knee, my flexibility is not bad so Im thinking of abandoning this move, but before I do so, I'de like to see if maybe im missing something from the new jersey position so I can at least pull something off, hazlet or something else.

Thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I'm a little lost. Are you just having trouble completing the kung fu? Angles will be your friend. Don't stay flat on your back or it will require much more flexibility.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    if you are in new jersey you should be working with a meathook to stop the pass then try threatening the triangle when they defend hard thats when i look to clear that neck and either work a gogo clinch or snatch that far arm right away and work a hazelette or straight jacket

ig and twitter @jm10p

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    if im in new jersey wouldnt the triangle be impossible since my leg is between his legs (actually hook underneith his knee pit).
    as far as gogo clinch im gonna have to look that up again, its been a while since i fooled around with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-Michael Holland View Post
    if you are in new jersey you should be working with a meathook to stop the pass then try threatening the triangle when they defend hard thats when i look to clear that neck and either work a gogo clinch or snatch that far arm right away and work a hazelette or straight jacket

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    its a battle your leg is stuck obviously but when you throw that meathook in your free hand should be battling his free one to make space. keep your knees tight together and look to stretch him with that bottom leg a bit think of a carni might be able to get that leg free. most cases you wont get the triangle but the guy will have his mind on keeping that leg trapt and not so much on his head posish thats when we throw that leg over quick I just use the hand that meat hooking dont even really have to kung fu from there

ig and twitter @jm10p

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Great advice JM
    #10thplanetFREAKS