Finishing Head and arm chokes on bigger opponents

Just wanted to know if I could get some advice on this. I have been having a problem finishing some head and arm chokes against bigger people. I have about average size arms but against bigger guys with bigger arms and thick necks its been a pain to finish some of the head and arm chokes, Mainly arm triangle,arm in guillotine, and sometimes anacondas. Lately if I try to go for an anaconda but I'm having a hard time I'll use the grip to switch to a guillotine with their arm out. I haven't been having many issues with darces idk if it's because of the angle I've been going for the darce or what. Anyone else experience something like this?

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I have issues with that too. I like the marcellotines instead, but I think it's about the angle, getting their shoulder out and yours in. We have a guy in the gym that's crazy good at arm in guillotines, and I think it's his angle. He uses the bottom foot to push away, and basically you want to roll the opponent over their head, if you know what I mean. Like scooping their head in towards their chest as you're pushing that hip away. You just have to make sure you're hooking their other hip with your top foot.

My husband has a killer arm triangle..
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    I have issues with that too. I like the marcellotines instead, but I think it's about the angle, getting their shoulder out and yours in. We have a guy in the gym that's crazy good at arm in guillotines, and I think it's his angle. He uses the bottom foot to push away, and basically you want to roll the opponent over their head, if you know what I mean. Like scooping their head in towards their chest as you're pushing that hip away. You just have to make sure you're hooking their other hip with your top foot.

My husband has a killer arm triangle..
    Thanks for the help Tori . I'm gonna try it out at practice.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    I struggled with head and arm chokes at first, got me frustrated but in a good way. Kept trying to hit them in live rolls and started to figure out the angles. I've had a lot more success with them since, arm in guillotines seem to work best from halfguard, I like to swap back and forth rotating my hands from a Marcelotine grip to Denny's pretzel grip if they keep their chin tucked to help dig. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-nB08POUIA