Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mojoplata

"Do Bronx" with my rubber guard leg in

I was rolling with my friend for fun and I was able to get my armpit up on my foot in hindu control, from there I was able to shoot the arm that was resting on my foot under his chin and out the other side behind his trapped arm, then I just grabbed my new york arm bicep and squeezed for the tap (without letting go of NY). We messed around with it a little bit afterwards and it seems to be a good choke.

This wasn't a skilled opponent or anything so I have no idea if it would actually work competitively, but I was wondering if anyone else here has played with anything similar?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I can barely get my hands together for the Hindulotine. I can't picture how you're doing that.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Mojoplata

It's because my elbow isn't on my foot, my armpit is. I was having to scoot my hips away from his and put my chin on his spine to get my hindu hand past his trapped arm. I like this cause I only have to let go of NY when I set up hindu control.

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Legit or not, I'd still like to see a vid of that!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by gene k View Post
    In for a vid.

Mojoplata

Quote Originally Posted by gene k View Post
    If my roommate will let me choke him I'll put one up tonight

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I call the armpit hindu position "deep dive". There's a prayer choke and an Ezekiel from there as well. Neither are high percentage for me. Probably because I don't go for them often, but they are indeed there. Also, they are only for the stupid flexible people (flexible legs and shoulders).

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoplata View Post
    I was rolling with my friend for fun and I was able to get my armpit up on my foot in hindu control, from there I was able to shoot the arm that was resting on my foot under his chin and out the other side behind his trapped arm, then I just grabbed my new york arm bicep and squeezed for the tap (without letting go of NY). We messed around with it a little bit afterwards and it seems to be a good choke.

This wasn't a skilled opponent or anything so I have no idea if it would actually work competitively, but I was wondering if anyone else here has played with anything similar?
    Yea, Omar liked to do hindu by sitting up with it like this. He would get leverage with the free leg by kicking off their knee or having a carni style hook. Then once you have sat up on the guy you can force his head down under your arm pit and dive your arm in further. Finishing this way with an arm in guillotine never really worked or felt practical to me. You also have to be careful, Omar hurt his knee in competition I believe performing it this way. When you finish the guillotine by being heavy on the ankle side and crunching down like a typical guillotine, you are then letting your knee get away from your chest and pulling your foot to you. This is a bad stretch for your knee. I practice finishing the choke by lifting my arms once the hold is in, not squeezing down like a typical guillotine. This leaves zero pressure for me. Though I am pretty flexible and haven't felt pressure with either, it's just probably smarter.

But who knows, I never put much reps into it, maybe there is something there. Just be weary of your knee and keep it closer to your chest than your foot. Also keep in mind that he can push into you to smash pass and if you can't bail or control him (if his head isn't under your armpit so he can push forward) then he can force a compromising angle for your knee in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Ben Eddie had expressed an interest in keeping this little branch named with hindu type names.

Perhaps we could call it Ganesha Control, because that armpit-deep arm looks like an elephant trunk? Just a thought

Ah I don't really care. Trying to remember hindu names would probably be pretty hard/unpractical. The name hindulotine came from Eddie actually and just stuck.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Ben you are my hero, can we be best friends?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Love Hindu although I don't play it enough. Need more practice
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast