Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fighte...23290477703405

Nothing MACP related here...but this is the FB page of the little MMA group I got down here.

Keep us in the loop on what you come up with it would be nice to keep a forum open on this. In the mean time we'll see what we can do as our program develops.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I really don't know if you can explain posture. yanawmean? Takes at least 6 months.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    I try to explain posture as being a house. You need a foundation, a frame and a roof. The stronger each are, the more they compliment one another. But with combatives there is the other guy trying to kill you variable which might call for the guy on top to crash his head/helmet into the chest of the guy on bottom and control the biceps. Then, its a fight for domination and a kill strike. All in all the man who wins in hand to hand combat is the one who's friend shows up first to help.

Array

School
    Ronin
    ya and hopefully his friend shows up in the form of 63 grain wearing a shiny metal jacket.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    I teach a hand to hand combat and a tactical course that implemtns some of the 10th p stuff. I had all the MCAP training, training as a county and federal cop as well as other courses Ive taken in the Military. Its not all JJ but its very much dedicated to police work and self defense and combat. If you are interested, let me know.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    What is the expected skill level of the enemy combatants?
    The Army combatives program is designed to (in its simplistic meaning) survive until your "buddy" comes along. That is what they preach throughout the program. It is also designed with simplicity in mind. You (for the most part) only have the Soldiers your are training for a short amount of time and a minimal block of time to instruct. They are not afforded the hours and hours of reps needed to truly understand techniques the way we do in our gyms. The techniques are very basic and not full of intricate deails. Many of the moves would not be something you'd use in a jj torunament or MMA fight because they defy the rules of basic JJ.

The mind set is, give the Soldier something that will 1. Build their confidence in the fact that they have some training 2. Make it simple so they can remeber the basic muscle movements 3. Show them things that will keep them in the fight long enough for their buddy to kill the guy they are figting with 4. Give them an appreciation for hand to hand combat 5. Teach them the techniques and test them on how they can teach the techniques in order to spread the program during things like SGts Time Training or PT (Train the Trainer mind set).

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Green View Post
    The Army combatives program is designed to (in its simplistic meaning) survive until your "buddy" comes along. That is what they preach throughout the program. It is also designed with simplicity in mind. You (for the most part) only have the Soldiers your are training for a short amount of time and a minimal block of time to instruct. They are not afforded the hours and hours of reps needed to truly understand techniques the way we do in our gyms. The techniques are very basic and not full of intricate deails. Many of the moves would not be something you'd use in a jj torunament or MMA fight because they defy the rules of basic JJ.

The mind set is, give the Soldier something that will 1. Build their confidence in the fact that they have some training 2. Make it simple so they can remeber the basic muscle movements 3. Show them things that will keep them in the fight long enough for their buddy to kill the guy they are figting with 4. Give them an appreciation for hand to hand combat 5. Teach them the techniques and test them on how they can teach the techniques in order to spread the program during things like SGts Time Training or PT (Train the Trainer mind set).

well put.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    well put.
    Thanks Clayton...If you are really interested, contact me and Ill show you some of the stuff I taught them..of course ill wait till you get back from Central America

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    The first guard pass that they teach you in MACP is the same one that they still teach in a lot of BJJ schools. It still works if you do it correctly. You scoop under the leg with one arm and you use the other to grab the pants and fend off the triangle. Really the way to fend off the triangle is to have really good hip pressure and posture.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast