NEWS: Fedor open to training overseas, with Shane Carwin

During the yesterday's Strikeforce conference call, in response to a query about the rumor that Fedor and Shane Carwin were going to be training together, Fedor replied:

“Nothing has changed for me (since the loss). I train just as I’ve trained before. It just so happened that I had made an error in the previous fight so in training I have just worked on trying not to make that same mistake again. For me nothing has changed inside of me and I still have the same beliefs. I just want to train harder for the next fight.

“I’m probably going to train in Russia. I’m more comfortable there and I like to be close to my family. It’s likely I’ll probably stay in Russia. But I wouldn’t mind training somewhere else and with someone like Shane Carwin, who is a good fighter. But most likely I’ll stay in Russia.

“Firstly when I train in the mountains in remote areas I train in the high altitude where it’s very cold — even near freezing. It just makes the entire training process that much more difficult, which I believe is beneficial because if I can get through it then I’ll be that much better for it. Another reason I do it is because nobody bothers me. All I do up there is train, eat and sleep. And all I need to concentrate on is the entire process of my training regimen without any distractions. I believe that’s what allows me to be in maximum shape leading up to a fight.”

Read entire article: http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...:organizations