Array

School
    Going Rogue Again

Getting carni's Like a Beast, Can't decide what move to start doing next??

today i kept getting carnis all the time with everyone i rolled with, been having trouble clearing the neck well and i find them to be the best way to get it and i cant help but flow straight to the sub. what do you reckon i should start aiming for getting repeatedly next? i wanna spend each session working on getting one move.

Array

School
    Guerrero BJJ New Jersey
    i have been having trouble finishing the carni. The traditional omoplata is my highest percentage sub, followed by triangles. However when I try to finish the submission with my arms (carni), no success yet. Any tips?

If you can get their arm trapped to the mat, faking the omoplata then switching to the triangle is a favorite of mine.

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    yeah i think im gonna try triangles till i start getting them often, im pretty bad at them.
    as for the carni, i usually dont give up one of my legs to trap them down, i hook it over their side to hold them down or hook his farsidew arm pit to lift his chest up as i twist his arm. i find that way if they start to escape i can switch to an omoplata really quick or just let the arm go and sometimes grab the back when its there. once youve started to kung fu move make sure to push your foot deep towards his chest, it gives you something to push off and help you twist. if he doesnt tap then, hes gonna go home hurt. hope i helped

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Make sure you get everyone with Carni's again next session

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay JC Chow View Post
    Make sure you get everyone with Carni's again next session
    I like Jay's philosphy on this one, but if you want to hit something different, I would suggest hitting another sub off a failed Carni and once you've mastered that one, go back to repping the Carni.

The Hazelett. Invisible croc. Sorcerer.

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Toenjes View Post
    The Hazelett. Invisible croc. Sorcerer.
    lol sorcerer, did i mention ive only been training a few months, so my flexibility is still pretty poor. sorcerer -_-

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Stick with the basics for now Karim

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    yeah i will, i only plan to work off mission control and chill dog for now, ill move to thing likes crackhead and invisible collar when im much better.
    p.s. cant seem to find videos of the hazelett anywhere?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I would drill posture breaking because once the honeymoon is over, the hardest part is going to be breaking their posture. Hell, I'm lucky if I can get any of my training partners in my guard anymore. Nobody wants to play in my guard anymore