Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Allum View Post
    I think everyone has those days when stuff just doesn't go right. Granted I have only been training 10P for about a month now, so it happends a lot. Remember what you were attempting that didn't work and next time you hit the gym and ask what your doing wrong, for me it is always something little, that is important, that I missed. The hardest are when things are just going over your head. Was a Eddie's seminar this weekend and I hadn't even pulled rubber guard much less the crazy stuff a lot of people could do. But manged to pull rubber guard (kung fu correctly was a different matter) and learn some cool stuff. Keep your head up and keep rolling along.
    "Your Kung Fu move looks like garbage." -Eddie Bravo
    lol

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    Every time I walk in there I take a deep breath and say I am home. The people there are my second family.

I'm kind of in the opposite position as you. I'm usually the best at 2 different gyms that I go to and I have so little ambition to get better because everyone is already so easy. It's depressing, so I LOVE it if someone catches me in something or some new black belt comes in and mops the floor with me. It lights that fire under my butt + I know exactly what to work on. So look at it as, every time you get owned at something, that should be the first thing that you go back and study up on. Memorize the move in it's entirety and you'll always be able to mentally check if you're doing anything wrong at the gym. The more you do this, the more your techniques will accumulate, the less holes you'll have, the better you'll get and the more fun it'll be. Being a beginner is always the hardest part of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cook View Post
    I'm not motivated by mma at all so we may have a different outlook on training. However, I know what you are talking about. The trick is not to compare yourself to the people that have been there as long/longer than you. Look at how you stack up against the new people. If people are catching you or if you want to catch the upper belts, you'll need to change your methods. Be consistent and revisit old techniques that you think you "know." Also, try new shit on the newest, smallest whitebelt that you can find. Alot of times you will end up trying some shit in sparring that you have no business doing against the person you are with... I think that's bad for you because it just discourages you and makes you lose faith in the technique. Smash the little guys first.
    you're mean, I'm one of those little guys! haha

Array

School
    Destruction MMA
    felt good last night, got a gogoplata from mount on one guy, and took the other guy to sweep city. it was a good night.

Array

School
    hard locks
    My mood depends on my performance. If i get a new move on someone... I usually feel high after a session.. however, if I'm getting tapped out left right and center... then I usually feel depressed and self harm myself when i get home

Array

School
    Next Level Combat/10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Frazier View Post
    My mood depends on my performance. If i get a new move on someone... I usually feel high after a session.. however, if I'm getting tapped out left right and center... then I usually feel depressed and self harm myself when i get home
    For me the jiu jitsu is the self harm

Array

School
    10th Planet Bear
    I used to get depressed if my performance wasn't up to par with where I felt it should be, but my coach and everyone I train with insisted I was getting better. Now i am just happy to train with my team and tend to get excited when I do something I learned months ago and even more excited when I get caught in something crazy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Art "ART OF WAR" Belarde View Post
    Every time I walk in there I take a deep breath and say I am home. The people there are my second family.
    I know exactly what you mean. I am fortunate to train with some of the greatest guys in the DE/NJ area at a gym where the owner/coach cares more about training than money. unlike some of the other gyms around here.

Array

School
    bulletproof
    Guess fighitng and just training are 2 diff. things completly. Even when i dont have any fights coming up other guys in the gym do and that seems to keep my ultra competitive side going. Theres always going to be a few days were you might get tapped by a prospect or get tagged by someone that can barely get there gloves on by themselves. It happens. But to feel bad about yourself or like your not learning as you put it . Sounds like the instructors arent paying attention to everyone and might be ore focused on the few maybe in training. They have to remember everyone should get some attention not just there favorites . If you still feel that way take a drop in fee at another gym workout with them and see if you still have that feeling there , People do get burned out sometimes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123