Array

School
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver

Prepatellar Bursitis in the knee

Anyone here have any experience with Prepatellar Bursitis in their knee? I started having some sharp pains in my left knee when I would be kneeling down. Otherwise it feels 100%. Now it's starting to swell a little bit and is affecting my training. Went to the doctor today and he thinks it's prepatellar bursitis. He said it's common in people that spend a lot of time kneeling. I'm scheduled for an MRI on Monday to see what's going on.

Anyone have similar issues?
    Tim Gillette | Owner/Instructor
    www.MorningStarJJ.com
    info@MorningStarJJ.com
    720-917-4014

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    I haven't had any issues with it. But, I can tell you a bit about what you got going on. Your knee is a synovial joint that is incased in fluid. In front of your patella is a sack called a bursa. Basically when force is exerted upon that bursa sack it fills with synovial fluid (basically water) and then puts pressure upon your patella. To ease the pain and swelling I suggest you take either Motrin(ibupofen) or Aleve(naproxen). Dose the Motrin at 3 doses of 250-400mg 2 or 3 times a day. Dose the Aleve at 3 doses of 250mg a day. This should help with inflammation and pain. Be sure to take those doses with food. Not taking them will cause you to have stomach upset and the possibility of forming ulcers. Any questions just ask....

I'm sorry to hear about your knee Tim, I hope this is only a temp injury. Take it easy dog.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas White View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your knee Tim, I hope this is only a temp injury. Take it easy dog.
    Thanks Doug, I'm hoping it won't set me back too far. Nate and I are heading back out to HQ in April for a week. I just wanna make sure I'm 100% by then.
    Tim Gillette | Owner/Instructor
    www.MorningStarJJ.com
    info@MorningStarJJ.com
    720-917-4014