Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Chavez View Post
    Yes or No . Do you think Nick Diaz is a big fish in a small pond ? Who gave Scott Smith a chance against Diaz anyways ? Obviously Nick wasn't going to have the conditioning problems Cung Lee did. And does anybody really think Frank Shamrock was a big test for Diaz or Sakuraba a big test for Mayhem ? And you think the Diego fight should have been a draw ? Well that's your opinion, but the only opinions that mattered were the 3 judges of the fight. But that's why I would pay to see a rematch since they are Both much better than they were.
    you mentioned multiple names when talking about Diaz fight's, & just sakuraba over & over when talking about mayham, thats my point numbers don't lie

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    Well I guess if people are saying that Nick has sick boxing then daly qualifies as elite as nick can't even hold a proper boxing stance and arm punches. Having a great left hook is something that most right hand mma'ers are susceptible too. Why? Because it seems that the boxing defense is so week. A fighter with a good left jab and hook finds his target all day. Nick Diaz, holding his arms at his side running his mouth will be on a stretcher if he does that with daly. Period. He took a ton of punches to the dome last night. He didn't even try to defend. Now it could just be because he knew Cyborg couldn't hurt him.
    you can't have a traditional boxing stance in MMA due to legkicks, as you saw, & if you close the distance to negate the legkicks & work the 1's & 2's & break the opposition's nose & confidence thats called smart fighting, you don't like him dropping his hands & '' Running his Mouth '' let Nick be Nick, thers a nice GI guard called Torreando, the bullfighter,

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    you mentioned multiple names when talking about Diaz fight's, & just sakuraba over & over when talking about mayham, thats my point numbers don't lie
    Yes or No . Do you think Nick Diaz is a big fish in a small pond ? How do you think Mayhem would do against opponents he's favored against ? Similar success as Diaz maybe ?

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Chavez View Post
    Yes or No . Do you think Nick Diaz is a big fish in a small pond ? How do you think Mayhem would do against opponents he's favored against ? Similar success as Diaz maybe ?
    again , you can't compare Diaz to Mayham, because mayham doesn't fight anybody, not to mention Diaz kicks ass in Japan too, your so concerned with Nick cleaning out the pond, when Dana won't bring Nick back to ufc, meanwhile Mayham, doesn't even have a ''Puddle'' to clean out, dude be logical!

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Two things,

1. Diaz v. Mayhem would be one hell of a fight!

2. I think Diaz would give GSP on hell of a go...the only thing that would hurt him, is the fact that GSP likely could and would take him down at will.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Looks like Diaz was thinkin flower sweep worst case, and armbar best case...he got best case.

And +1 for controlling the leg, not that i'm in a position to criticize St. Nick.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    you can't have a traditional boxing stance in MMA due to legkicks, as you saw, & if you close the distance to negate the legkicks & work the 1's & 2's & break the opposition's nose & confidence thats called smart fighting, you don't like him dropping his hands & '' Running his Mouth '' let Nick be Nick, thers a nice GI guard called Torreando, the bullfighter,
    Semtex keeps his hands up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I5vTYRYvdI

lol...hey...if it works...we'll see. If Daley wins his next fight he gets Diaz. I will get my answer. Absorbing punches with your face is going to eventually get you knocked out. Dropping your hands and running your mouth is a good way to get your Jaw Broken. I'm not hating on Diaz. I am just submitting that the guy doesn't have SICK boxing as someone suggested. He has effective boxing. It looks terrible, but it is obviously effective.

This is why boxers keep thinking they can become MMA'ers. They see the terrible stand up being displayed and think...hey..as long as I don't get taken down, I'll knock one of these guys out. GSP just showed Kosheck (who allegedly had elite striking) what happens when you truly have good stand up. Now, I think we might be able to assume that Cyborg wasn't hurting Diaz and that's probably why he just took the punches. I'm curious to see what Nick does whenhe gets hit. We see how different Frankie Edgar is when rocked. It happens to all fighters eventually.

But really, the biggest problem most people have with Diaz is that he isn't in the UFC so you can always say he is fighting bums and rejects. I think he is legit, I am just talking about a weakness in his game. I also question strikeforce's match making sometimes. I don't get how the title picture works as the selection of cyborg just seemed kind of odd.

Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    I also question strikeforce's match making sometimes. I don't get how the title picture works as the selection of cyborg just seemed kind of odd.
    Thats always something that has made me curious, I mean, a fighter who is well known and doing well (Dan Henderson for instance) coming in and getting a title shot makes sense. But sometimes it just seems like they draw names out of a hat. Not always, but sometimes...

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    that someone is me, I suggest that Nick has sick boxing because he does, & again he's not in range when he drops his hands & it's easy to be a ''Armchair '' athlete / critic, from home, but none of us have any right to criticise athletes if we don't compete ourselves. sorry but you sound like a ''Armchair'' athlete / critic,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345